• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My wrap design.. I'm looking for help from the best

First off. :covereyes:. I'm not looking to do wraps. What I'm looking for is to drum up some business.
The street my shop is on is very busy. I park my car out in front everyday and because the main business is auto repair, I need something to stick out!

My goals with this wrap are learning how to wrap, drum up some work and most of learn what not to do next time.

With this I hope I don't end up crying :covereyes:

:peace!:

and PS. I chose camo because of lining up the panels from like the front, sides front and rear

******************ROUND 2 ***************************

ding ding ding...

:toasting:

attachment.php

Attachments

• TegWrap-3.jpg
    TegWrap-3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

SignManiac

It's too busy for my taste and is very lacking in contrast. Your fonts are legible but they don't flow well together. Green and blue together are tough enough as it is but the camo look makes it look more like a bacterial infection in the lower digestive track.

I'd start over if I were you. Try several different directions and see if one sticks to the wall.

I guess you should first define what it is you want to sell and then work on a concept for that.

Circleville Signs

Honestly? Because it is ugly. The colors grab attention, but they don't communicate or play together well.

The design is not too good either. Just too much happening. Personally, I would ditch the camo. Got to sime type of textured, or even shape based background. You can get some really good stuff, REALLy cheap right now from Digital Juice. Grab their closeout Juice Drops.

Gary

SignManiac

Just an idea...What's wrong with the logo you have in your avatar? I can easily see a variation of that on the side of your car with perhaps a few tweaks to fit the vehicle. I like the design elements you have in it for the background. Plus it easily becomes recognizable and consistent with your logo as it is now?

Keep it simple and on point.

Just an idea...What's wrong with the logo you have in your avatar? I can easily see a variation of that on the side of your car with perhaps a few tweaks to fit the vehicle. I like the design elements you have in it for the background. Plus it easily becomes recognizable and consistent with your logo as it is now?

Keep it simple and on point.

Thats an idea.. :rock-n-roll: Let me see what I can do

Pat Whatley

SignManiac

No it would not, your colors are only one part of many problems. Erase your mind and start fresh. You can not rescue your first attempt.

i'm with Pat on this one...if you've got more than 15minutes into the design you have 'proposed' you are in the wrong business. put some work into it before you just throw things out there. if you think that what you put up there is a professional representation of your business...you are in the wrong industry.

Hey, is this just another one of your periodic posts you make just to piss people off? I remember the last time you tried to get "help" with a wrap by posting some half-assed layout you just slapped together. Have you forgotten? http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33829&highlight=wrap

Most importantly from that thread have you forgotten this statement you made?

Gosh.. What can I say. I'm trying to design something for my car.
FORGIVE me I'm not a great wrap designer and FORGIVE me that I came last time with a crappy design.
Look I understand I dont have the skills of Prowraps & Lindy and many others on this site.
I'm trying.. thats all I can do is try.
Now I know I dont fit in here very well and go against the gain most of the time.
But here I'm just trying...

if you recognize those things about yourself and your skills hire someone to make you look professional and focus your business on producing a quality product until you have invested either the time to learn design skills or invested the money to pay a professional designer..but honestly this 'design' would not be beneficial to any business and it confuses me to no end that someone would think that what you posted was a good start.

SignManiac

House..............Thick skin, think elephant or rhino. Go back to the drawing board but try to put up something that shows you put some thought into it.

You're gonna get knocked down, count on it. But get back up again and again and eventually you'll have a design that you and everyone will be satisfied with. Think before you post.

Edited to add...Dan's advice is also a good option.

House..............Thick skin, think elephant or rhino. Go back to the drawing board but try to put up something that shows you put some thought into it.

You're gonna get knocked down, count on it. But get back up again and again and eventually you'll have a design that you and everyone will be satisfied with. Think before you post.

Edited to add...Dan's advice is also a good option.

I'm not looking to do wraps, ever. This is just for myself. I'm a little guy, most of my jobs are less the 500. I can take care of the smaller stuff no problem.
Plus I have talked to a few people about designing a wrap for me and none of them sound very interested