• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My wrap design.. I'm looking for help from the best

Mikeifg

With that design I can imagine what customers you will attract, probably the same ones you have now. Car show banner kids wanting a 4x8 banner for 20.00. I mean could you show up to a business meeting with lets say a respected member of your business community in that and be taken professionaly. But if that's not the customer you want then I'd go for it. It' your car and company. You can go for outrageus or more modest but what kind of customers do you really want that's what you need to ask yourself.

Marlene

Here is my only question if you are not wanting to do VEHICLE WRAPS then why are you putting one on your car? You are only going to get people calling you asking you if you do them and then when you say no you are going to be not only turning away their wrap business but any other business that they might have wanted to give you as well because they will be mad that you use that type of product to advertise. Most people will relate vehicle wraps with your company even though you don't actually say on your car you do VEHICLE WRAPS just because you have one.

very good point that you may want to consider as it makes a lot of sense.

mark in tx

I'll try,

Background is too busy, and the color scheme clashes.

Too much lettering squished in there.

Logo looks slapped on.

Both the lettering and logo colors don't work with the background.

Stock backgrounds should be used sparingly, and not be the focus of the vehicle.

Get out your color wheel and go back to the basics.

Keep on truckin!

jay*doc

What the hell, here is my advice.

HOG sounds a lot like me when I was gearing up to start doing wraps. Sounds like he's got big ideas and his heart is in the right place, but the first 10 or so designs are the hardest. This does not look far off from what my first wrap design may have looked like and I've come a long, long way since then.

So getting to that advice. I want to start by saying that at one point in time, i was doing lots of cut vinyl graphics and had a printer, but did not "want" to do wraps yet. So I did not wrap my car, but I incorporated printed graphic elements into a cut vinyl design. It looked cool and got me going with the digital side, and showed my target audience what I was capable of doing. This was on my delsol, and it got big attention with that scheme.

Maybe you should start there to be safe, get some graphics on it and incorporate printed vinyl.

If you are dead set on doing a wrap on it, be ready to do them for other people or it will hurt your business in the long run, as stated above.

Design ideas... utilize fills that are available to get yourself started. Sometimes I start with a premade fill that I like, and I start my work on top of it. Then, as it gets further along, I'll change the layer styles and hide my stating piece deep in the background. Which brings me to another point, in your design, you should be menatlly thinking about background and foreground. These need to be seperate, keep the background in the background. This will help your text POP, unlike what it is doing now, blending in.

And the grunge... I know that grunge is cool, but in moderation. A grunge background with grunge text and more spatter and scrapes may be contributing to what is making this so hard to read.

Since this is one of your first full wrap designs, I would suggest writing down your ideas and colors before starting, maybe even using an existing wrap as a reference or 2. Pick a theme before you start and stick with it. That's my biggest hurdle, I start a design and ADD kicks in and I change the theme and direction 10 times.

Good Luck

jay*doc

Ursta Graphics

Yea listen to Jay Doc Go with a half wrap or something ditch the grunge. Especially if you don't have the experience to sell a full wraps let alone install them. No sense in marketing something you don't sell.

On a side note cut the guy some slack he's tryin' just like the rest of us are!

-Good luck HOG .. let me know what you come up with.

-Ursta

Jillbeans

Just saying it sucks or is ugly is not constructive.
Why does it suck?
Why is it ugly?

It's well-nigh illegible because of the grunge in the lettering.
The colors are jarring, the background is busy.
The elements seem to have been just slapped on randomly with little consideration as to how they flow.
It's not badass, badass to me might be flashy or tuff looking but would be punchy and have some snap. And it doesn't really have a style.

Step back, think about how you want to represent your business and what type of customers you wish to attract. This wrap will probably make people wanting peeing Calvins, cheap, line up at your door. Your HOG logo has potential, start with that but scrap the rest. Or talk to some of the designers-for-hire on here.
Love....Jill

HotWraps

I do not like it either, sorry.

It's way too busy and grungy. I like grungy dirty design, and this is too much. I can't read your Logo even after staring at it. If you have your heart set on this design, change the background grunge so your letters pop.

k6media

Honestly.. who is this appealing to? If you are looking for business from clients who have money I would suggest something slicker.. this is grungy and appeals to the wrong target market.

Thanks for the all of the advice! I knew coming in here I would get beat up and i'm fine with that. This is a group of the best sign makers and designers in the world

jay*doc- I think that sounds great!
I did some thinking and I'm going to ditch the grungy design and come up with something cleaner and better for my shop image. In a half/quarter style design.

I'm a bit busy with orders so it will be a bit of time before I can get back to working on it.

And once again thank you for everyone that offered advice.

wrafixx

It's too busy for my taste and is very lacking in contrast. Your fonts are legible but they don't flow well together. Green and BLUE together are tough enough as it is but the camo look makes it look more like a bacterial infection in the lower digestive track.

QUOTE]
WHERE IS THE BLUE???? ARE YOU REFERRING TO THE BLUE CHEVY TAHOE AT THE BACK?