• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

n00b questions about flexisign 8.0

I am very new to the vinyl cutting business. Only done a few things for people. I have a few questions about flexisign 8.0.

I am trying to use a font called Tattoo Ink. I found it through google and have been using it for my personal logo. But some of the letters are not cutting all the way out. Like the font isn't setup perfect for vinyl plotting. Is there a way I can edit the font to work correctly or a way I can go into flexisign and correct the problem on the certain letters that create the problems?

another question. I see you can open regular *.jpg files in flexisign. Is there a way to open a jpg of an image you want to cut and convert all the lines to work?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Josh

Gordy Saunders

You can edit your letters, but you have to become familiar with the tools in the program.
You can also trace jpeg. But I've always had to do cleanup work after and auto trace.

How do you run auto trace? I am very new at this.....

also what is the best way to clean up this font?

Any help would be awesome. And thank you already you have helped.

Josh

The first letter is the uppercase, looks like it would be a little more tedious to weed

yeah that is exactly the problem I have had with it. how can I change the letters that have that problem to look like the second one you have listed? can you go edit the font and do that or will I have to change it every time I use that font...

Josh

oh and to gordy thanks I will give the auto trace a shot.

I had one more question. If I wanted to layer my logo say with red in the middle of the font and white on the edges....I mean like so that the letters are red with a white outline...is there a way to go in on flexisign and give it an outline like that?

Josh

Service Sign Co

yeah that is exactly the problem I have had with it. how can I change the letters that have that problem to look like the second one you have listed? can you go edit the font and do that or will I have to change it every time I use that font...

Josh

oh and to gordy thanks I will give the auto trace a shot.

I had one more question. If I wanted to layer my logo say with red in the middle of the font and white on the edges....I mean like so that the letters are red with a white outline...is there a way to go in on flexisign and give it an outline like that?

Josh
Use the lower case to change the font style,it's the caps Lock key, use the help menu in flexi

coyote

Buy the Mark Rugen book-Flexi, The Power is in Your Hands- He sells it on EBay and it's a good $80.00 investment. Most of your questions will be answered and you'll save a lot of time. You can teach yourself how to use it with your projects-
Carol

Thanks for the advice on the font. I figured it out last night after I replied that I just needed to do it lower case.....worked great cut perfect no problems.

As for the person that said my boss needs to train me....I have no boss. I bought a plotter for home/painting needs and just decided that I might start doing stickers and banners for friends....

I am using my plotter mostly for airbrush stencils....I am a custom painter out of Tampa, FL. But the software and application techniques are my biggest problems....and besides this is the newbie forum right? I figured these where valid questions....maybe I was wrong?

thanks for all the help.

Josh