• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nazdar Inks

SpeediGary

Wanted to know if anyone is using Nazdar Inks? We have a Roland VP-540 and are considering switching to aftermarket inks but I'm concerned about print quality versus OEM.
Want to hear from someone actually using them, and what they think.
Thanks in advance!

d fleming

I use Nazdar inks in my Seiko. OMG magenta ink was actually clogging head, after switching problem cleared up and has not returned. In years. Nazdar is a quality ink manufacturer. I have been using their screen print inks and products for over thirty years. They are the only supplier of anything to my business I can say that about.

petepaz

we used the lyson inks they offered about 5 years ago and we had to replace 2 capping stations while using them for a couple of months. I know capping stations go bad and are consumables but we have never had to replace them any other time. as far as the colors they printed ok, no real issue there. for us it's not worth the extra savings to risk damage to the machine. i know a lot of people here use aftermarket inks with no problems and I am glad it's working out. we just charge accordingly based on the Roland inks. we do use a lot of nazdar silk screen inks with great results.

SpeediGary

Thanks Pete

Thanks for the input. We have always used the Roland inks with great success and have been hesitant to switch. We have had the printer since '07 and it has been a very reliable machine. Had to have the Black print head replaced last year, but other than the normal maintenance that's the only problem we've ever had. I like to use the theory that if it isn't broke don't fix it. The problem we are having is of course cost. We are in a very competitive market and have had potential customers tell us they are able to get prints done for less than we charge for them and informing a customer that it's because we use superior products doesn't really fly because I have no idea if we REALLY are using better products. Bad mouthing the competition is not how we do business. We feel our quality and workmanship speak for themselves. We have reviewed our pricing and feel we are pretty much as low as we can go using our current products. Anyway, to make a short story long, thanks again for the input.

petepaz

most of our jobs use such a small amount of ink per cart. that it rarely affects the price to the degree of us not getting an order. sometimes on large run orders where we use multiple cart.s it makes a difference but not too much.

ProColorGraphics

I tried Solaris when I had my VP-540. It was okay, but I did have a cyan head go out. Not sure if it was the ink or not. I know I have heard others hear say too, if you are not going to use enough to use a bulk system, it's not worth it. I would only use Roland if I still had one, or got another one.