• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a logo critique. Please.

rjpjr

Attachments

• Checkerberry.jpg
    Checkerberry.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 106

Jesse_gvi

The line weight on your berry looks too thin with that font. Also, instead of a circular berry, why not a raspberry with the individual seeds alternating in color?

Marlene

these are roughs but I think going in a simple direction would work as it doesn't convey the feeling of a farm, jelly, craft store or something else that is more connected to graphics of berries.

Attachments

• checkerberry.jpg
    checkerberry.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 106

signswi

If you just wanted to update the OP original take a stronger font like Museo 700 or ChunkFive would help as would getting rid of the black strokes on the "checkerberry" leaves and using gradients to give the leaves and the berry itself volume and modernity (and a slightly more contemporary set of color choices, not just default red & green). Plus a rebalancing of the composition, it's really flat.

jrh4711

Okay I used a few ideas from Jill and Jesse mainly font choice. Please give it another look for me. I like this Icon better.

Thanks again for your time.
Jeff

Attachments

• Checkerberry7.jpg
    Checkerberry7.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 93

signmeup

Your best bet would be to send Jill a check for her design in post #7. It's fabulous. Your last effort... not so much.

Sign_Boy

Here's one I was messing around with.
A bit too much detail for a logo...

Now that I look at it, it has nothing to do with what you do.....

Attachments

• CB.jpg
    CB.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Jillbeans

Those last ones (other than the font in the top one hahaha) are way off the mark.
Too modern, not charming, the graphic thing reminds me of a musical note and the checkers seem like an afterthought.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Perhaps if enough people have a go at this something decent might emerge, sort of like the infinite monkeys principle, but thus far virtually everything looks like a label for a box of suppositories.

If you want a tight logo and you simply must have your name on it then change your name to something with fewer syllables. Or try for something more iconic without using that silly name. Then you can use that icon along with the name in various configurations on all of your stuff.