• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a new computer

1robbie

Several months ago I found a company on here that specializes in making computers for graphics companies. Now I can't find that email.
Can anyone tell me who they were? If I remember correctly they were from the Colorado area.
thanks

vaughnlm

I work in IT

Be careful on companies that specialize in pc's for graphics . . . You really don't need to pay their premium
The Cadillac is a Mac, iMac or Macbook pro with an Adobe CC subscription.
From there it would be a Dell or HP with Corel or Adobe but not near as powerful
A company that we buy Apple from out west is Expercom in Utah and we are in Ohio

Techman

be careful on companies that specialize in pc's for graphics . . . You really don't need to pay their premium

REally? Seriously??? Premium?? what premium?

I would put Casey's machine up against any other machine internally and lets see what is in there.

Both will have the same memory, the same hard drives, the same same every thing.

Purchasing a Casey blaster will be as good as anything else out there. There is no advantage of buying one brand over another. There is an advantage in getting a machine that is optimized for the job at hand. That is for what Caesy's machines are designed. To run fast so we can get our prints out the door without having to run a hack to run windows based sign CAD/CAM software.

Signburst all the way. I have owned mine just over a year and have had no problems with the computer. However I opened an email and got a virus. Talked with Casey over a 2 day period and he helped me get everything going again.

Great at machine but even better service and people.

vaughnlm

You must be an IT Dude

And that is why we use Macs . . . we actually have departments utilizing Cad/Cam products on an iPad in the cloud utilizing Citrix . . . The real speed comes with fiber . . . 400up and 400down

I Googled your blaster . . . no results except a Facebook guy

REally? Seriously??? Premium?? what premium?

I would put Casey's machine up against any other machine internally and lets see what is in there.

Both will have the same memory, the same hard drives, the same same every thing.

Purchasing a Casey blaster will be as good as anything else out there. There is no advantage of buying one brand over another. There is an advantage in getting a machine that is optimized for the job at hand. That is for what Caesy's machines are designed. To run fast so we can get our prints out the door without having to run a hack to run windows based sign CAD/CAM software.

OldPaint

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: macs..........
i was told this by a MAC whatever you guys call those who live and die for macs......and this kid was in an art school where ONLY MACS were used)))))) RINGLING SCHOOL OF ART, sarasota ,fl.
HIS WORDS.......as he told me why MACS were the only computers for art......
" ONLY on a mac can you make a TRUE CIRCLE, PC cant." and he believed this)))))))))))))))))))))

AF

I use Adobe CC on both PC and Mac. Its the same. The speed comes from the hardware and how optimized the drivers are and how unencumbered the OS is. If you have a bunch of useless crap running all the time, any computer will slow to a halt. As for doing CAD on an iPad, no thanks. I will take multiple monitors and keyboard / mouse for max productivity. Tablets are good for consumption but not so much for creation.

Signburst is an option for a windows box, same with Dell and HP and anything else. Or source your own parts and build the machine yourself. The Mac Pro cylinder is slick but has no expansion so you may have to have a bunch of stuff daisy-chained like the old SCSI days of Macintosh.

Linux is a waste, maybe ok for a headless file server or email/web server.

DravidDavid

I hear it all day. "Mac is more creative than PC, it's for creative people."

...Actually, they are tools. A Mac is a tool and a Windows based machine or "PC" is also a tool. It just so happens that when you want to chill out and play a video game, you can actually do so on a PC, where as your selection with a Mac is far far less.

I've had my PC for 5 years or so. It still stands up to todays tasks with ease. An X6 Thunban AMD CPU @ 3.9GHz with 16GB of DDR3 memory and a recent SSD upgrade is still lightning fast if you look after it, even though it's pretty dated hardware. Comparatively, my girlfriend spent $1000 dollars more on her Mac at the time I built my rig, which has a Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz with 4GB of RAM and an on-board video card.

Try playing a video game on that today and see what happens. Then when it does not work, call Apple about upgrading it and make sure you tape the phone to your hand so you don't drop it when they tell you how much it might cost.

Paying someone who knows what they are doing when building a workstation is highly recommended. When it comes to relied upon hardware for day to day tasks such as servers and your daily workhorse, you want 24/7 support and a warranty. You also want someone who knows which hardware is compatible with what. I'm not talking about what CPU goes in what socket, but which matching memory type/board combo is the best for the deployment. Some memory for example, even though compatible across a wide range of motherboards may only work reliably with 3 out of 10 different boards on offer. I think in a business situation, the premium is worth it. Especially if you don't have a full time IT staff member to look after the equipment.

Linux is a waste, maybe ok for a headless file server or email/web server.
Not just maybe. Linux based file servers are vastly superior in many ways when it comes to storing and retrieving data. Linux operating systems are also getting better. Best of all, it's free.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Be careful on companies that specialize in pc's for graphics . . . You really don't need to pay their premium
The Cadillac is a Mac, iMac or Macbook pro with an Adobe CC subscription.
From there it would be a Dell or HP with Corel or Adobe but not near as powerful
A company that we buy Apple from out west is Expercom in Utah and we are in Ohio

How is a Mac more powerful than a Dell or HP with the exact same Intel processor, same memory, hard drive, specs, etc.?? Other than the motherboards and cases they are the exact same hardware.

In fact looking at the new Dell Precision models compared to the new Mac Pros it looks like the max memory a Mac Pro can be configured with is 64GB and can have a up to an 8 core Xeon processor while the Dells can have up to 1TB of ram and dual 18 core Xeons. Basically if you are comparing "Pro to Pro" then the Dells, HP's, and customs systems like from Signburst can be configured to totally spank and make the top Macs look pathetically underpowered in every possible way.

Don't get me wrong, the Macs are nice machines and plenty fast but far from being "more powerful". I'd also venture to say that an identically equipped desktop from Signburst would probably be less expensive than an identically equipped Mac. You really don't need to pay their (Apples) premium.... lol Aren't Mac's just Linux with a pretty GUI and a crippled BIOS nowadays anyways??

DravidDavid

...Aren't Mac's just Linux with a pretty GUI and a crippled BIOS nowadays anyways??

Apples OS is Unix/Linux based. Not sure how you might cripple a BIOS. Macs a a few years ago were ahead of the game, but have since lost it completely.

Regardless of hardware, people for some reason think one is still more creative than the other. The OS is still clunky in my opinion, it suffers from the same software rot now that Windows does...and that rainbow wheel. Don't even get me started on that damn rainbow wheel.

OldPaint

AND THERE YA HAVE IT.............
why the chevy is the preferred engine if you want to drive it everyday for 300k miles.
the other is the BEEMER, it looks good, has a following of dedicated owners......cost more BUT YOUR STATUS as an automotive aficionado...........is secure)))))))

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What a bunch of fanboy clowns... at least go at it on a recent thread!
We have a forum Jesus... this was resurrected from 3 months ago. I'm pretty sure this cat
got his computer and is having the time of his life (or cursing the screen)

I also agree with Signmaniac by the way...

I wonder what he got?

JMPrinting

I been running Dell for years. Love them! I did make a switch and tried Micro Center brand PC with a core i5...seems to be doing well so far. Going to upgrade to a SSD this spring.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Well,
we made it all the way to February before this topic reappeared,
looks like 2015 is going to be a good year.....

wayne k
guam usa

SignBurst PCs

I also agree with Signmaniac by the way...

I wonder what he got?

This is an older thread, but he did end up buying a SignBurst.

I would like to thank all of you SignBurst owners out there as well as those who support us Merchant Members through word of mouth. Without you guys (and gals) passing on the message, we wouldn't be here.

We appreciate both your business and kind words.