• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a source for 1/16" or thinner white polycarbonate please?

aluminumwelder

I have ordered this material 1/16" white polycaronate from Sybic Polymershapes in Charlotte, NC for the last several years. However, they only have two brands
white lexan
sunguard by spartech plastics ( a bit more transparent than lexan brand)

and they are almost never in stock. I literally buy $5,000 at a time because there have been times in the past where they do not have it in stock for months and months.

I'd actually prefer something a bit thinner, like around .040. When they were out of stock for months I was desperate and bought a couple rolls for $6,000 of white lexan film 0.030 thickness from curbell plastics, but that was a little too thin for my tastes. 0.060 is fine, but a bit thick for the pop displays I make.

So does anyone know of a supplier that sells white polycarbonate in thin sheets or rolls? I don't mind placing an order for 5 or 6 thousand but really can't afford to spend over $10K on a custom order.

I guess what is most frustrating is Sybic says its not a stock item and they tell me if I want it than I have to place a special custom order for it and pay over $10,000 minimum order fees. Then a few weeks latter I guess they do a special run for a different customer and have the left overs to sell me? I don't' understand why they can't do the same for me.

Laird plastic tells me the same thing, but they never have any in stock ever.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Material is back lit so it must let some light through.

Techman

your post said 1/16,
Later you said about .040. That is about 1mm

Most plastic comes in metric cizes anyway. So if you ask for 1/16 you will likely buy 1mm.

aluminumwelder

found some sitting in a warehouse, otherwise it is special order only and pray you find some sitting around as left overs from a custom order!

aluminumwelder

i've bought acrylic from them before and they did get me some 6mm coroplast when no one else in town had any in stock, but otherwise their prices are usualy much higher than the competition.

I'll call them and see if they have any, but in prior years they have not.