• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Advice On Flatbed Table Applicator

2B

We got a Roll-X application table here last summer. We were all resistant to the idea, but came around when we realized that you could do a 4x8 full cover job in 10 minutes dry instead making a mess everywhere wet. But be warned - it has a margin of error. You can't put a 4x8 print on a 4x8 panel - it always pulls and stretches at some point. Static is also monstrous - ever get a shock right through your crotch? You'll feel every hair on your body standing on end and this sick crackle and then someone gets zapped - the thing ships with this pathetic little ESD cord hanging beneath it.
But my #1 beef is that it sucks at laminating. Ours doesn't create enough pressure to put down 3M 8520 and 8515 without silvering. So you end up having to squeege the crap out of it and, because of the aforementioned static, even cleaning a print completely is no guarantee that some dust particle with be sucked from across the room just to wreck your job.

thanks for the product review and for now forcing me to clean my keyboard of coffee
Is it anything like being convinced to pee on an electric fence when you were a kid?

equippaint

They're pretty pricey and it's cheap and easy to run panels through a regular laminator with a feed table and catch stands. Has anyone ever bought one and felt that it was not worth it after the fact?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
thanks for the product review and for now forcing me to clean my keyboard of coffee
Is it anything like being convinced to pee on an electric fence when you were a kid?

Hahahaaaa. that takes me back about 60 some years ago. I was on my cousin's farm for a few days and being a kid from the city, didn't know much about farming, other than the difference between a cow and a goat vs. a horse and a dog. Anyway, we were out looking at the pigs who were free range, but still fenced in. We were looking at them, down in the bottom end and I said I hadda go inside to go to the bathroom. Cousin said, you don't haftsa do that in the country, just pee right here. In fact, see if you can hit that wire. Zing boddas zang...... It can't electrocute you, but it's enough to make you jump around and pee yourself.

Thanks.................. :iamwithstupid:

Christian @ 2CT Media

They're pretty pricey and it's cheap and easy to run panels through a regular laminator with a feed table and catch stands. Has anyone ever bought one and felt that it was not worth it after the fact?
Not at all, it's significantly easier and has a few advantages like only 1 moving part vs the material and roller moving.