• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Advice on how to cut acrylic sheets with circular saw

dale911

President
And definitely wear safety glasses. I don’t always wear them when doing lumber but acrylic will shatter like glass and throw shards a good distance. I have seen it routinely get thrown well over 20’ away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickprints

I know I am setting myself up for a few jokes lol, but I need help making cuts on 4x8 sheets of acrylic with a circular saw. I'm trying to cut a 2x8 board out of the 4x8 but i cant do it without the saw cracking the acrylic. What method do you guys use for cutting acrylic with a circular saw?
Take the blade off and turn it backwards. This is how I cut Vinyl siding for years before printing

player

This is what I would use. The saw can chip and crack and break your sheet. The scoring knife is quick and easy. Probably takes the same amount of time.

57477-1800-23ww-l.jpg