• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need advice on which printer to buy

Accent Printers

Hi everyone, we are a Commercial Printer that dipped our toes in the wide format business about 4 years ago with a free HP DesignJet 5500 60" from a sign shop that went under. Business has steadily grown for posters and banners and we print a few things everyday on the old HP. Now we are getting calls for longer term signage and materials that we cannot print on such as the perforated window material that we need to send out. It's time to step up and buy a real printer. We will never do wraps and do not have the space for a flatbed so with that said, which direction should we look? Latex, Solvent or Eco Solvent? White ink option would really be nice but not a must have. And of course, price is always a consideration but I'm not going to cheap-out and buy junk either. Please give me some opinions. Thanks a million.
~Dan :unclesam:

ironchef

Latex is the future, but solvent is still king. Anything with a dx5 head. Dx4 is kind of old school now. A print and cut is sweet, but having a separate printer and plotter is way better for production purposes. Don't forget about a laminator. Also, go with a reputable vendor that offers support and a warranty.

petepaz

we have been very happy with our roland print cut machines. affordable. also you will have to look into laminators if you don't already have one or one big enough for large format. if you did want to go flatbed we have the roland lej640 not too much bigger than our slovent machines and the price is good. roll and flatbed printing.
good luck

jayshaf1

hello, is anyone familiar with xerox 8290? recently purchased a used 8290 and i need a code to operate the machine. is there a solution?Thank you

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
We have both new a used Mutohs available for sale. You can check out some of the specs on our website, http://www.thegrs.com/Printers.htm or feel free to give me a call or PM me.

Most of the new Mutoh's come with a two year onsite warranty and we have documentation and videos on just about anything you would need to do on the printer. We also have perforated window film that is printable on the adhesive side and will stick on the inside of the window, although it doesn't work with the latex printers because of the heat, check it out here here

Last edited:

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Hello, we would recommend a Mutoh printer as your first wide format printer. Also, if you are looking for some quality perforated window vinyl rolls at a good price; we can definitely help you out.

Warm regards,
- Signworld Team