• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Decorative Material To Make Glass Opaque

Capt Ike

Hello all,
I'm looking for a material that I can put on the inside of a glass window that will prevent people from seeing inside the window (On the other side of the window are the backs of display cases the owner doesn't want customers on the outside seeing). I initially thought about covering the inside of the window with vinyl, but I'm not fond of that look since you would be looking at the adhesive side of the vinyl. What I am imagining is something like poster board from middle school. A product that comes in different colors (possibly something I can print a design on) and then affix to the inside of the window. The goal is to completely block the window. After that, I'm going to put their logo/motto/saying/etc. on the outside of the window in vinyl. I realize I could just cover the outside of the window with vinyl, but I'd like to use the glass to mute the "pop" so the attention is drawn to the logo and not the background. I hope this makes sense, but feel free to ask any questions. Thanks in advance for the help.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Print design in reverse on clear stock then put white vinyl on top of it. That way everything is on inside of glass and you can print whatever design you want

Agreed. Or laminate with block out material if you want it truly opaque.

bannertime

We've had long term success (30+ years) with our painted windows. They are starting to peel now. Pretty sure it has lead in it. On the other side of the building we've had short term success (5 years) with black coro. It last as long as you don't touch it. After about 5-6 years it'll crumble once moved.