• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need dst file

tintgirl2000

I have a vector file that I need to take to local embroidery shop. They ask for dst file format. This is uncharted territory for me. I know there is someone out there that can give me some answers on how to bridge from corel draw to dst, or might be able to digitize this for me for a charge. Thanks

Techman

I have some experience with this although it is 10 years in the past..

dst is a digital stitch file.
It is nothing like any other file you can make.

Corel Drawwings can make one. However that version oc corel draw is very expensive.

The best way to take on this job is to have a professional digitizer make it for you. Or you can purchase a dst file from a supplier. Making a good dst file is an art form best left to a real digitizer.

signage

There is a MM on here that does it, Wildwest Designs. I PMed him so maybe he will chime in when he gets on!

Dennis422

Check with Wildwest Designs, he is a digitized.
I sometimes do my own digitizing, and after 4 years, I can say that I do not know much :)

Yes, it is an art in itself to learn how to do that. That is the most important part of embroidering process.

WildWestDesigns

Thanks signage for letting me know.

Corel Drawwings can make one. However that version oc corel draw is very expensive.

Corel DRAWings or what is now known as Creative DRAWings or DRAWings Pro is actually more of a home version of digitizing software.

Neither one will really give you the control that commercial programs will give you. I actually keep a version of Creative DRAWings on a netbook when I want something "light weight" while on a trip.

Corel used to be with DRAWStitch and that's when it was called Corel DRAWings, now Corel is with Wilcom (my preferred software long before Corel went with them) and Wilcom is actually directly interfaced with Corel Draw.

tintgirl2000 feel free to email me the file to the email in my siggy. I can handle x6, CS5 files and all the derivatives that those program(s) can handle.