• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help! Best practices for wall Murals SAI HP Flexi 21

Windows PC, SAI HP Flexi 21 for HP Latex 115 54 inch printer cutter combo

I am stuck and so frustrated. I am trying print and install a wall mural on a 15 foot long wall. It is our first wall, so I am sure that is part of it.

The customer sent an AI file 260mb and has some colors that do need to be exact.. One color to be specific. CMYK 0,100,65,30

My issues start when importing the file. It is FULL coverage, lots and lots of layers.

Tried saving as pdf without layers - imported and tried to create contour cut for edges and program froze.

Called SAI and they rasterized and it did seem to work but it screwed up the color profile for the specific crimson.

Called back and got a new tech and they recommended saving the file as an eps, which I did and it has all the layers with no trim (so anything that goes off the artboard shows up in SAI) and it was not usable.

What is the best file type to use? I have the ai file, I can save it to whatever, but have no idea what type will maintain color consistency as well as resolution without crashing the program.

If there is someone in the Seattle area who routinely does wall murals and would let me shadow a job from set up to installation I would be most grateful! I am in Central Washington and we only work for the University so we don't compete for general public jobs. We are in-house only.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michelle