• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help deciding Oracal 970 or Hexis 20000

OTG Signs

Call Valerie at Hexis, she just had a 33 yard roll of their Flat/Matte Black (with pick up from me this morning. It was really gorgeous but didn't have the pre-laminate I was expecting.

I have a sinking feeling I'm going to be very sorry I sent it back!

Got the following PM from someone [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]If you want to go for the murdered matte black for your son try the hexis matte overlam with a gloss black it gives one of the best matte black's ive seen for a long time.
I tried oracal and 3m matte overlam but they still have a lil gloss to it. Hexis was completely flat black.
[/FONT]

I emailed that to Valarie at Hexis and guess what just arrived 15 minutes ago from FedEx.... sample rolls of each!!!

Unbelievable customer service!

[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Valerie Gallant
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Regional Sales Manager | Hexis USA LLC
Toll Free: 888.284.3947 | Direct 951.739.5999 Ext. 31

[/FONT]

Thank you for the recommendation, but I need Oracal 970RA and no substitutes. The quest continues...

Thanks again,

Andrew

GypsyGraphics

Any updates, how is it going. Would be great to see some pics

The project is on hold because the car was loaned to someone in need. Told them could use the car till the end of the month, but I'm hoping they'll get their own car back sooner.

So, after all my searching, here sits my Oracal 970 RA matte black, on the roll.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

sign master

We did a new Audi wagon in flat black. It came out very cool looking, but forgot to take any photos. We used the Oracal and it was easy to work with. Plan on doing the hood of my car just to see how it looks on mine.

gnatt66

GG threads are great because she takes the time to ask questions and inform the readers along the way. not just skim info from peeps and not follow with how it all works out. very cool. :thumb:

GypsyGraphics

GG threads are great because she takes the time to ask questions and inform the readers along the way. not just skim info from peeps and not follow with how it all works out. very cool. :thumb:

ummmm.... maybe not altogether true.

ever notice i never posted the finished job?

i probably should have started a thread title THE NEVER ENDING WRAP FROM HELL.

funny though... i just logged on this very minute to post a pic of the bumper of my flat black wrap, in another thread, when i saw this one revived. eek

i have a customer that only does wraps and paint protection. He had the 970 and refuses to use it now that he has tried the 3M 1080 matte colors and also the carbon fiber. The 3M is so much easier to use and its color consistant throughout the roll. Dont count it out, a 25yd roll will run you about $550.

EDIT: 5 minutes later.

Just noticed the date this post was created. NEVERMIND.