Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help finding high tack vinyl.

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by xtreme signs, Aug 20, 2010.

1. xtreme signs

xtreme signs Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Iam in need of some vinyl with a high tack on it. Iam lettering some port-a-pottys and not having any luck with 3651 oracal sticking. Can any one point me in a good direction.
    Thanks Brian:help

Tags:
  2. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Convex High Tack Vinyl. I just used it on HDPE (high density polyethylene) tanks, ya the stuff nothing is supposed to stick too and it worked great. They also have a new product "Pitbull" that has a higer tack level than the Convex high tack material. Do a search here for more posts on Convex and following are the links to purchase Convex products directly.

http://www.convexvinyl.com/atv.html

http://shopgms.com/index.html

3. splizaat

splizaat Very Active Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Low energy application we end up using (printing) Arlon DPF8000 -- This stuff is so sticky...if it even touches the material before you press it down, it's stuck...VERY sticky, used for concrete etc. We used this material for snowboard wraps ;)

If DPF8000 doesn't stick..nothing will.

http://www.sunsupply.com/app/webroot/userfiles/56/File/DPF8000.pdf

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

SHINE-RITE..............sticky schit))))))))

5. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    avery has high tac vinyl
    i believe you can get it in calendered and cast
    habor frieght has it

6. Slamdunkpro

Slamdunkpro Member

Dec 18, 2009
    +1 for the Arlon

7. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

+1 for the Convex or Pitbull, it's about the only thing that will stick to a Port-a-potty

8. splizaat

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    You've used Arlon DPF8000 before? If not, that's not a very thoughtful statement.

9. insignia

It is a thoughtful statement. We tried DPF8000 a couple months back at the urging of a vendor. It fell off of 100 brand new low-energy plastic trash cans. Why would I suspect it would stick better to a port-a-potty? Maybe my experience was bad or unusual, but it is what it is, which is why I recommended what I did.

10. splizaat

Sep 19, 2007
    Pac NW
    Fair enough...Just wanted to make sure you had actually used it before you made the statement :) I know there's a lot of people who throw big statements around but have never actually used the products they're bashing.

We use DPF8000 on the top of snowboards and it was the only thing that DID stay on...weird.

11. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver

a joke?

12. Slamdunkpro

Slamdunkpro Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I'm curious, did you get anything to stick to the trash cans? There are low energy plastics starting to come out that use a wax poly composite so no mold release is necessary. Nothing sticks to these polymers.

13. insignia

Convex Pitbull, stuck like a champ. That stuff is pretty ridiculous, it's way stickier than regular Convex.

14. B Snyder

B Snyder Very Active Member

Jan 25, 2004
    PlaStick from Graphic Marking Systems fits the bill.

Attached Files:

15. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    if all else fails you may have to get a roll of 3m adhesive and print on a non pressure sensitive material then mount the 3m adhesive to the print
    we use 9471 or 9472 both work good on low surface energy plastic
    we use it on molded plastic cases, vinyl patches and covers we also use it on a tool a customer has but it can be oily and it's the only thing that sticks
    if you decide to go that way and you can't get the adhesive i might be able to get it for you we deal direct with 3M