• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help finding high tack vinyl.

xtreme signs

Iam in need of some vinyl with a high tack on it. Iam lettering some port-a-pottys and not having any luck with 3651 oracal sticking. Can any one point me in a good direction.
Thanks Brian:help

Letterbox Mike

You've used Arlon DPF8000 before? If not, that's not a very thoughtful statement.

It is a thoughtful statement. We tried DPF8000 a couple months back at the urging of a vendor. It fell off of 100 brand new low-energy plastic trash cans. Why would I suspect it would stick better to a port-a-potty? Maybe my experience was bad or unusual, but it is what it is, which is why I recommended what I did.

splizaat

Fair enough...Just wanted to make sure you had actually used it before you made the statement :) I know there's a lot of people who throw big statements around but have never actually used the products they're bashing.

We use DPF8000 on the top of snowboards and it was the only thing that DID stay on...weird.

Slamdunkpro

It is a thoughtful statement. We tried DPF8000 a couple months back at the urging of a vendor. It fell off of 100 brand new low-energy plastic trash cans.
I'm curious, did you get anything to stick to the trash cans? There are low energy plastics starting to come out that use a wax poly composite so no mold release is necessary. Nothing sticks to these polymers.

Letterbox Mike

I'm curious, did you get anything to stick to the trash cans? There are low energy plastics starting to come out that use a wax poly composite so no mold release is necessary. Nothing sticks to these polymers.

Convex Pitbull, stuck like a champ. That stuff is pretty ridiculous, it's way stickier than regular Convex.

B Snyder

PlaStick from Graphic Marking Systems fits the bill.

Attachments

• PK51550W.jpg
    PK51550W.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 203

petepaz

if all else fails you may have to get a roll of 3m adhesive and print on a non pressure sensitive material then mount the 3m adhesive to the print
we use 9471 or 9472 both work good on low surface energy plastic
we use it on molded plastic cases, vinyl patches and covers we also use it on a tool a customer has but it can be oily and it's the only thing that sticks
if you decide to go that way and you can't get the adhesive i might be able to get it for you we deal direct with 3M