Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP!! Lines on prints

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Designer Wraps, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Designer Wraps

Designer Wraps Member

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ
    PLEASE HELP! See pics. I have a Mutoh (VJ1204 printer). I'm getting these lines on every print - only starts about 10inches in (from front) and between 5 and 12in in from the right - then they spread across the entire print at about every 5-10 inches and they are about 2-3 inches long, then it stops and the rest of the print is perfect. This happens EVERY TIME (i'm printing 8x3 and 3x3 signs for a ball field).

I did a CR Main and cleaned the wiper, replaced the pad - now it seems worse. Anyone ... please let me know any suggestions. This job needs to be completed today.

THANKS!!
    Sean

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. DARLAK

DARLAK Guest

turn the heat down, if that doesn't work add something to the print before hand so you don't get the lines in your print area..

3. Designer Wraps

Designer Wraps Member

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ
    darklak - ok i'll try both. thanks.

4. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Yes, it looks like head strikes from the material cockling...

5. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Are you keeping proper tension on the media roll? Are you starting off with a loose loop in your media? You want the machine to pull the media off the roll with just a bit of tension. This keeps the media flat as it proceeds through the feed rollers. You absolutely positively don't want any slack between the media roll and the feed rollers. You want at least the minimum amount of tension that will remain fairly constant. More than that minimum serves no purpose, less than that can allow the media to buckle.

6. Designer Wraps

Designer Wraps Member

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ
  7. Matt Cuellar

Matt Cuellar Active Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Also, you might want to run your head height on High, but turning down the platen heater should help.

8. Goofball

Goofball Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Looks like it's definatly head strikes....maybe try letting a little more media hang down the front of your machine before you start printing...I know it's a little wasteful...but so is what's happening now.

Bob

9. Designer Wraps

Designer Wraps Member

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ
    yeah it was a combination of tension on the roll (bob) and letting it out in front (Goofball) - the combination created little "bump" in the media which made the head strike. i let it out a little more and that fixed it. Swoo - I'm glad that's all it was.

Thanks (ALL) for all your help and super quick replies - that's why I love this Forum!!

10. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    be sure to do a nozzle check... you may have blocked some.

11. aecsrl

aecsrl Member

Mar 25, 2008
    clean the push roller

12. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    All ValueJet printers should have heater settings available on the front panel, under each "Media type" and you can adjust the temps on the front panel while the printer is printing as well.

The best way to set your heat is in the profile in the RIP...