• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEED HELP!! Lines on prints

Designer Wraps

PLEASE HELP! See pics. I have a Mutoh (VJ1204 printer). I'm getting these lines on every print - only starts about 10inches in (from front) and between 5 and 12in in from the right - then they spread across the entire print at about every 5-10 inches and they are about 2-3 inches long, then it stops and the rest of the print is perfect. This happens EVERY TIME (i'm printing 8x3 and 3x3 signs for a ball field).

I did a CR Main and cleaned the wiper, replaced the pad - now it seems worse. Anyone ... please let me know any suggestions. This job needs to be completed today.

THANKS!!
Sean

Attachments

• Pictures 4.10.2008 035.jpg
    Pictures 4.10.2008 035.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Pictures 4.10.2008 036.jpg
    Pictures 4.10.2008 036.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Pictures 4.10.2008 037.jpg
    Pictures 4.10.2008 037.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 127
D

DARLAK

turn the heat down, if that doesn't work add something to the print before hand so you don't get the lines in your print area..

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Are you keeping proper tension on the media roll? Are you starting off with a loose loop in your media? You want the machine to pull the media off the roll with just a bit of tension. This keeps the media flat as it proceeds through the feed rollers. You absolutely positively don't want any slack between the media roll and the feed rollers. You want at least the minimum amount of tension that will remain fairly constant. More than that minimum serves no purpose, less than that can allow the media to buckle.

Goofball

Looks like it's definatly head strikes....maybe try letting a little more media hang down the front of your machine before you start printing...I know it's a little wasteful...but so is what's happening now.

Bob

Designer Wraps

yeah it was a combination of tension on the roll (bob) and letting it out in front (Goofball) - the combination created little "bump" in the media which made the head strike. i let it out a little more and that fixed it. Swoo - I'm glad that's all it was.

Thanks (ALL) for all your help and super quick replies - that's why I love this Forum!!

randya

i just checked my SETUP menu and it doesn't have the 'Heater' options (this menu says it does - http://www.mutoh.com/products/ValueJet/VJMenu.html). I guess this is for newer printers.

Is there another way to do it?

All ValueJet printers should have heater settings available on the front panel, under each "Media type" and you can adjust the temps on the front panel while the printer is printing as well.

The best way to set your heat is in the profile in the RIP...