• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help w/ roland sp300v printing (pics inside)

SpazSigns

Still having this issue, tech was not much help at all.

I've replaced the linear strip,the linear sensor & the board that the cables & print heads run into.

Still getting the same print, if i use "high quality" it helps quite a bit but not perfect..

Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1011.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 89

reQ

This "overspray" issue is static problem, as was mentioned before. Never seen answer to the question about humidity level? 40 is bare minimum, but 50 would be better. Also, you can buy anti static kit from your Roland Dealer, i believe it costs around 180ish.

Team Valhalla

Just for grins and giggles, try running another print job.... but wipe down the material with rubbing alcohol before running it.

SP

SpazSigns

This "overspray" issue is static problem, as was mentioned before. Never seen answer to the question about humidity level? 40 is bare minimum, but 50 would be better. Also, you can buy anti static kit from your Roland Dealer, i believe it costs around 180ish.

48 humidity.

would the static cause the banding also?

seems like it gets worse more towards the end of the print.

mpn

I have no idea what the roland anti static kit is, but when there is static using the offset presses, we use anti static tinsel. Never used it on the Roland but could be worth a try? $20 price range.

SpazSigns

I have no idea what the roland anti static kit is, but when there is static using the offset presses, we use anti static tinsel. Never used it on the Roland but could be worthy a try? $20 price range.

Where is this found?

SpazSigns

wiped the media down with alcohol ..here is a pic, printed a sheet of 6.

It is like as the farther to the edge it goes it gets lighter etc.

first pic is #1 on the sheet and the last pic is #6 on the sheet.

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 87

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
It's not the dampers. All of your prints look like they are slightly banding from what I see...so do a high quality print.
On the black overspray, I'm with the folks who thinks it's static.

player

It's not the dampers. All of your prints look like they are slightly banding from what I see...so do a high quality print.
On the black overspray, I'm with the folks who thinks it's static.

Clogged dampers can cause banding. It did in mine. As well as static. I got new dampers, no banding, no static.

I am not saying it is the case here, but it might be.

Another clue is at regular speed, banding. High quality, no banding. Mine the damper wouldn't let enough ink pass through so I got banding at standard. High quality slowed it down, so the damper could keep up to the ink flow.

El Barto

What about the fill test? Be useful to know if all channels are behaving the same. I'd also double check the heads for lint. I've run into problems where it took 3 manual cleans to find a piece of fuzz hanging off. It's dark down there and you're looking for things that don't reflect a lot of light.

SpazSigns

What about the fill test? Be useful to know if all channels are behaving the same. I'd also double check the heads for lint. I've run into problems where it took 3 manual cleans to find a piece of fuzz hanging off. It's dark down there and you're looking for things that don't reflect a lot of light.
Not sure how to do that, if ya let me know i'd be happy to give that a try

El Barto

In the service menu there's probably a line for test pattern (or something similar). Inside that will be fill test. I'm not sure what the rules are for telling people how to get into service mode so you might be on your own there. If that's a problem then just create a file with four 2"x50" strips of 100% each CMYK and send that. The service mode fill test is preferable since it's generated from the firmware thus removing the software from the equation, but in this case that should still tell you something.

Schraubfix

This test is really good, you see on the right and left edge, whitch colors have an overspray. In the most cases the printhead
with this color has reached the and of life!