• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need HELP! Wet application

Cenozoic

GREAT!! I tried it at home on my glass sliding door, left to Home Depot. Figured I could give it a try, remove transfer type after 1.5 hrs. I come home to find that wife had removed the whole thing!! Said it looked ugly!! LMAO!! Back to the drawing board....
For now im going to stick with Rapid Tac, since my supplier is closed sundays.
My hand hurts from squeegee the "living crap out of it" LOL!!

Back with with results in a few....

Cenozoic

:ROFLMAO:.......and you still have not removed the masking?
Time is money! You can't make any money running back and forth and "F"n around.

Definitly not F'ing around!! I just installed another on my sliding door. Used R tape, with same Rapid Tac fluid, squeegeed instensly! Gonna let it sit for a few minutes.
Then going back and spray some Rapid Tac and hopefully will work :covereyes:

Cenozoic

Results....
It worked! Left it for 30min. Used R-Tape, with Rapid Tac and done some major squeegee work. With the exception of the middle letters coming slightly off, it worked. Now ill just leave it for 1hr, come back and spray more Rapid Tac and then remove transfer tape.

Is there such thing as leaving it to long? To a point where it will ruin the vinyl?

Thank You ALL for the great advice!!

heyskull

I would prefer to apply dry.
I have left wet applications 1-2 days but evewn then they are a nightmare.

SC

BobM

With paper transfer tape and Rapid Tac or Rapid Tac II, 3 - 4 minutes and remove after carefully squeeging. Wet the transfer tape if you need to. Never had a need to wait more than 10 minutes even on cold windows.

Jillbeans

As has been said, never use clear ap tape.
(I never use it for anything but never for a wet ap)
Rapid Tac 2 really does work better than regular RT for use on glass or cold temps.
And I just soak my ap tape (after applying the decal with RT2) with regular Windex and re-squeegee before removing it.
Wait about 2 minutes.
But it really is best to apply dry if you can.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Heat Gun!

Yep, there's a winner !! :doh:

We do just about all of them dry.... inside and out. The few times we needed some wetness, we only applied a fine mist of plain water.... just so it doesn't grip instantly. Many variables are involved when lettering windows.... and I do believe, most of these answers so far have to do with applying vinyl on the outside. Therefore, most of these answers will work and maybe not. Only your practicing will find you your own solution for this. Doing this project on the inside, you shouldn't have any problem getting them down dry and without bubbles. You only need to hone your skills a little.