• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help with deciding on a logo

TheSnowman

The first one has too many competing elements. If you adjust the proportions so the elements contrast better, it would work okay. I'm posting my 10 minute version to better illustrate.

I like the modern feel of the second one, but the line drawing background imagery is weird and unfitting, not to mention it creates a bunch of negative space that draws you away from the focal point. With better contrast on the copy (ditch the effects) and tweaking you could make this work.

Looks like the PJD logo
image.png

Joe Diaz

I cannot choose.

The first one doesn't seem to fit for a wrap company, it has a bit of a carnival feel to it, feels old school, which might work for hand painted sign artist but not for wraps.
I don't like the second one as much but it does fit that type of business better. You requested no critique so I won't comment on what I would change about it.
Honestly I wouldn't use either. Keep working on it. See what you come up with. Maybe let us all know a little bit more about your business, and the tone you are trying to set with this thing and you may get some good feedback and ideas. Don't close yourself off to critiques, you don't have to make every change people on here suggest, but you may find some of it useful.

shoresigns

I love how you have a note on your monitor that says "Use spellcheck!", yet you've purposely misspelled "and" in your company name.

Color Spot North

What a strange thread.
Joe Diaz seems to hit the nail on the head here.

I once worked for a boss who did a similar thing. Though it was the employees compete to see how the company vehicles get wrapped. It was a disaster, and only feelings were hurt.

As Joe mentioned, share with us who you are, or how you want to be perceived by the community, and then we would know better if you are heading in the direction or away from it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Business is business, so what's wrong with a little in-house incentive. Unless handled poorly, it usually brings the troops together tighter and even yields a higher form of competitiveness and gets your people to understand free trade, thus resulting in better cooperation as they see how things really gel and how people can work with one another.

I'd offer a free week's vacation for the top winner. Nothing more than that kinda incentive is gonna get results. Let them all submit several schemes, have a vote, then have a semi-final and the winner takes all. The runners up get a week's worth of free lunches or a day off.... with pay.

You don't want any input, so you're stuck with what ya have so far, but it'll do. Either of those designs will work. Just not my cup-a-tea, but if it's what your shop is used to..... git-r' done.

Color Spot North

Business is business, so what's wrong with a little in-house incentive. Unless handled poorly, it usually brings the troops together tighter and even yields a higher form of competitiveness and gets your people to understand free trade, thus resulting in better cooperation as they see how things really gel and how people can work with one another.

I'd offer a free week's vacation for the top winner. Nothing more than that kinda incentive is gonna get results. Let them all submit several schemes, have a vote, then have a semi-final and the winner takes all. The runners up get a week's worth of free lunches or a day off.... with pay.

You don't want any input, so you're stuck with what ya have so far, but it'll do. Either of those designs will work. Just not my cup-a-tea, but if it's what your shop is used to..... git-r' done.

Interestingly enough I agree with everything said above under the right circumstances.

One must wonder though, is the goal of a new logo for increased business, brand awareness, or simply just to have a new logo.
If it is the latter, simply to have a new logo, without much care for the logo performing or achieving anything, than I could agree 100% with you.

If on the other hand this business owner, is interested in the logo helping to increase business, it would be disingenious for anyone to tell him to proceed with whats on deck. (not suggesting you Gino have implied this)

The other aspect to all of this, is unless a business owner has experienced the tangible results from investing in a good logo, they will always have a hard time contemplating spending 1, 2 or even 10 grand on a logo.

To many owners, it is about the same as buying toilet paper, just another expense.

Good luck to him, and I hope it works out the way he has intended!