• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help with sign for semi truck

Put two pieces of magnetic sheeting together, without any steel for them to stick to. They stick, but very weakly. I'm pretty sure the wind would blow them apart even at minimal speeds.

phototec

Answer

Phototec have you done this? I was just wondering if regular magnetic material is the opposite pole so they attract? Just a question/thought!

Actually no! My friend at another sign shop told me he has used this method on aluminum sided trailers, however I'm not 100% sure what base material he used. I do know that some Rubber Steel material only has interior adhesive on the back side, you need to make sure the backing material has exterior grade adhesive and is made for magnetic sign material to stick to the surface.

Some material has the white vinyl on the surface (for printing), I don't think that would be as good as the 30mil thick, that is just the flexible steel material with high-tac exterior adhesive on the back. From what I have read, the thick backing materials will hold the magnetic sign material as good as a steel truck door.

Signcrafters is correct, two pieces of regular magnetic sign material will not stick together very well.

Mosh

This could be the beginning of a good country song!
My wife ran off with a truck driver, RACE CAR guy, bar owner, realtor and used car salesmen...lalalalalala

She was only common law wife, never went in front of the justice of the peice!@!@!