• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need HELP with Sign Laws - Florida - reguarding a Sexual Offender

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronl1975

Hi all. We just got a new neighbor that moved in next door to our house. Its a duplex so the houses are connected. We have 2 kids. New neighbor is a sexual offender.

Can I legally plaster his face on a sign to let other neighbors aware of this problem?

Situation sucks and I want him the hell out !!!!

PRS Bryan

Hi all. We just got a new neighbor that moved in next door to our house. Its a duplex so the houses are connected. We have 2 kids. New neighbor is a sexual offender.

Can I legally plaster his face on a sign to let other neighbors aware of this problem?

Situation sucks and I want him the hell out !!!!

No.

Like it or not, he is still a citizen of the United States and has rights.

Just tell your neighbors and infect them with your fear.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Tomorrow morning [Saturday].... knock on his front door and interrupt his watching Saturday morning cartoons. When he answers, tell him to just wanted to introduce yourself and grab his scrotum and squeeze r-e-a-l tight and tell him, you are only gonna say this once.

Don't even look, talk, make a remark or anything in my kids direction or next time you'll be pickin' these things up off the pavement after I shoot 'em off with my .357. Let go, tell him to have a nice day and if he needs help looking for a place to move..... you'll help him in that department.

How 'bout that judge that gave a guy 30 days for raping that girl and then she committed suicide........ Anyone that preys on children should be put outta their misery and not ever have a chance of doing it again. I don't care what the circumstances are, that's just plain wrong. IF..... and when they finally do get out, let 'em move to Detroit where it's nothing but a deserted parking lot and they can't harm anyone but themselves.

Pat Whatley

No, you can't. EDIT Apparently you can. Megan's Law in Florida doesn't prohibit it. Call the local Sheriff if you have questions...heck, apparently they might even pay for the sign.

Not trying to defend the guy but do you know what he did? I have a customer who is a registered sex offender. She was 19 and a senior in high school. She got caught having sex with her 16 year old 10th grade boyfriend....a guy she's still good friends with. She'll spend the next 25 years dealing with people assuming she had a five year old tied up in her closet. Based on that about half the people I went to high school were sex offenders.

Florida had an online site that lets you find offenders in your area and see what the charges were.

slamky8188

While I do feel for you on this subject and you should look to maybe start a petition to get this new tenant removed, I am originally from Detroit and it is truely an incrediable city! They may be bankrupt and not exactly well known for the "friendly atmosphere" but the city is full of a lot of history and amazing architecture. So no need to knock it while your living in the hell hole of a humid, bathsalt snorting, face and flesh eating zombie infested state of Florida!

:thumb:

ronl1975

this is offense based on the florida website

847.0135(3) Using The Internet To Solicit Or Obtain Acts Which Violate F.S. 749, 800, Or 827

(3) CERTAIN USES OF COMPUTER SERVICES PROHIBITED.--Any person who knowingly utilizes a computer on-line service, Internet service, or local bulletin board service to seduce, solicit, lure, or entice, or attempt to seduce, solicit, lure, or entice, a child or another person believed by the person to be a child, to commit any illegal act described in chapter 794, relating to sexual battery; chapter 800, relating to lewdness and indecent exposure; or chapter 827, relating to child abuse, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Locals Find!

I don't know anything about the sign part. However, if your renting from a Real Estate company I would call them and tell them he gets moved to a new location or your calling the news to bash the snot out of their company image.

If your dealing with a private individual as a landlord. Same thing. Call him ask him what the hell was he thinking and see if they knew about this. Many landlords in florida don't even check for a pulse. If you got the cash you move in. The landlord may not even be aware.

If he is and doesn't remedy it. I would suggest you find a better place to live.

ronl1975

I don't know anything about the sign part. However, if your renting from a Real Estate company I would call them and tell them he gets moved to a new location or your calling the news to bash the snot out of their company image.

If your dealing with a private individual as a landlord. Same thing. Call him ask him what the hell was he thinking and see if they knew about this. Many landlords in florida don't even check for a pulse. If you got the cash you move in. The landlord may not even be aware.

If he is and doesn't remedy it. I would suggest you find a better place to live.

We own the house, the neighboring house is rented out privately. I called the owner and yes he knew of the offense, said since it only happend once that it isn't a big deal and probably won't happen again, said that he wouldn't worry about it ! I said thats easy for you to say, you dont have any kids living next door to him !!

John Butto

Here print this out and send it to the guy who rented the house. If it was me, I would send a plane ticket to Gino and let him talk to the guy during Saturday morning cartoons.
[h=1]FACTS ABOUT ADULT SEX OFFENDERS[/h] Can sex offenders be cured?
Sexual offending, like many mental and medical conditions, can not be cured. Contemporary cognitive behavioral treatment, however, helps offenders learn to control their behavior. By recognizing and changing the thoughts that rationalize and justify sexually abusive behavior, sex offenders can become more aware of the harm caused to victims and view their own behavior differently. As well, sex offenders learn to identify their patterns of behavior, including the people, places, and things that put them at risk for offending. Through avoidance of certain situations, acquiring new coping skills, and learning to meet their emotional and sexual needs in healthy ways, motivated sex offenders can prevent future offending. Although some sex offenders may continue to be attracted to children, they can learn to avoid acting on their impulses. Consider this analogy: When adults get married, they do not stop being attracted to other people. They do stop acting on that attraction, because the way they think about the commitment of marriage helps them to control their behavior. Likewise, many chemically addicted persons continue to struggle with urges to use drugs or alcohol. Through treatment and recovery, however, they choose to change their behavior because they are committed to a new, healthy and productive lifestyle.

d fleming

It is a big deal. Any adult who looks at any child in a sexual way is permanently broken and there is only one way to fix it. You may want to check to see if he is even allowed by law to live within so many feet of a home with children or schools, etc. Your local deputy or sheriff should be able to tell you what your options are. They want to help, ask them.

Locals Find!

We own the house, the neighboring house is rented out privately. I called the owner and yes he knew of the offense, said since it only happend once that it isn't a big deal and probably won't happen again, said that he wouldn't worry about it ! I said thats easy for you to say, you dont have any kids living next door to him !!

This is a duplex you said, right?? That means it's gets treated like a Condo Association in Florida. Which means you have an equal vote depending on how your condo documents are written on what can happen with the property. Such as tenants.

Review your condo docs and speak with your attorney. If your part of a HOA, I would also review those docs and bring this issue up to other members and the HOA board.

This is how you can legally look into removing him. There are other ways but, if you choose to go that route along the lines of Gino's suggestion. I would make damn sure you covered your tracks spotless, or you will be in Jail and this guy will be next door to your kids without you to protect them.

PRS Bryan

It is a big deal. Any adult who looks at any child in a sexual way is permanently broken and there is only one way to fix it. You may want to check to see if he is even allowed by law to live within so many feet of a home with children or schools, etc. Your local deputy or sheriff should be able to tell you what your options are. They want to help, ask them.

How do you know this?

Also many are legally labeled sex offenders long before they are adults.

ronl1975

This is a duplex you said, right?? That means it's gets treated like a Condo Association in Florida. Which means you have an equal vote depending on how your condo documents are written on what can happen with the property. Such as tenants.

Review your condo docs and speak with your attorney. If your part of a HOA, I would also review those docs and bring this issue up to other members and the HOA board.

This is how you can legally look into removing him. There are other ways but, if you choose to go that route along the lines of Gino's suggestion. I would make damn sure you covered your tracks spotless, or you will be in Jail and this guy will be next door to your kids without you to protect them.

Its one of those crazy 1970's florida home designs. Technically its not a "duplex", its just the best way that I can describe it.. Its simply 2 homes with yards glued to one another..

Mosh

What if he drills small holes in the wall and is taping you or your kids??? POST THE SIGN!!!!

Locals Find!

I wouldn't put his picture on it but, I am sure you could get away with a large "yard decoration" that say sexual predator and a very large arrow pointing at his house.

You do know that most house fires are caused by improperly cleaned dryer vents. Especially the ones outside the house. They do have a tendency to catch fire very easily and burn very hot very fast. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.