• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need HELP with Sign Laws - Florida - reguarding a Sexual Offender

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRS Bryan

And you give a shiz why?

I care because you are suggesting ending a life based on the vague rationale of "experience". If you are going to take a persons life then it would seem prudent to have a justifiable reason.

In my experience, which includes six years of administering therapy to approximately 150 juvenile and adult sex offenders, that can be safe, responsible members of society. Many of the people I worked with are in society doing exact that, over ten years after I worked with them.

I believe in individual rights, including the right to live with out trigger happy vigilantes hunting individuals down. Armed with a gun and moral certitude based on a poorly examined emotional foundation.

In fact, I find someone willing to commit moralistic murder far more disturbing than sex offenders. Regardless less of how "right" the murderer or supporting mob thinks they are.

But that is just me. Oh, and the law of the land.

GWSigns

My second husband was a sex offender and because it happened in ancient history (as far as laws covering that go, there was no way to trace the offense) as a result, my daughter was molested by this creep.

It took every ounce of restraint within me and guidance from God to keep from killing him.

Subsequently, we discovered he had a trail of tears and wounded children throughout his life, but no one would speak up, stand up, or prosecute him....until ME!

Sent the perv to prison where he was all but killed by other inmates.

He is out now, beware Montana - discovered through internet that is the state he now resides in.

In my studies in psychology, this is one behavior that is NOT curable. It is a deviant corruption of the cognitive functions and no medication or "therapy" can reverse it.

Suppression is as close as they can come, but that is a crap shoot at best. An island FAR away from anyone other than their own kind is the only solution in my book.

I choose that over mutilation and death, only because my daughter needs me now more than ever and I have to be free in society to help her.

Side note: This happened over 19 years ago and she and I both struggle with it daily.

John Butto

I care because you are suggesting ending a life based on the vague rationale of "experience". If you are going to take a persons life then it would seem prudent to have a justifiable reason.

In my experience, which includes six years of administering therapy to approximately 150 juvenile and adult sex offenders, that can be safe, responsible members of society. Many of the people I worked with are in society doing exact that, over ten years after I worked with them.

I believe in individual rights, including the right to live with out trigger happy vigilantes hunting individuals down. Armed with a gun and moral certitude based on a poorly examined emotional foundation.

In fact, I find someone willing to commit moralistic murder far more disturbing than sex offenders. Regardless less of how "right" the murderer or supporting mob thinks they are.

THIS is why we have problems in the USA, bleeding hearts. Glad your out of your "administering therapy" and in the sign business. You should be embarrassed to tell people what you think on this subject.
Like the OP just posted, put them on their own island, and you go with them since you think they are alright or hang them.

d fleming

I knew it, you're part of the problem. Feel free to be offended by me. You put your hands on a child, all you should get is dead. Period.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
His life should've been ended the instant he was located and found to be the culprit.

Good for you. I don't. The law is not protecting the victims and you wanna call these people fixable ??

While it is against the LAW in our country and the Bible to take another life, I still believe in an eye for an eye and when someone picks on a little girl or boy who cannot defend themselves, well then it's time for someone who knows how to deal with them, step in on their behalf.

So, you're Okay if someone rapes or molests an infant or 5 year old, huh ?? That perv can be fixed in your eyes ??

Are you for real for crying out loud ?? You judge others with heart and compassion against those unable or don't even know how to deal with such a ruthless lowlife ?? What kinda training where you given ?? You do realize that even other inmates at a prison, will not tolerate a baby rapist or molester ?? Yet, you want to put them back on the streets because they answered your stoopid questionnaire with all the near correct fill in the blank answers ?? It's people like you that are helping weaken the lowest/weakest link. When someone has short circuiting going on in their little brains about hurting children and lusting after them..... how do you figure your playing Dr Phil is gonna help them ??

If you wanna do it your way, then put them in some fenced in community where YOU live and all the other hocus-pocus therapists and let them live with your family for 15 years. You feed their a$$ and keep them away from normal society for 15 years and then we'll see if they are indeed fit to return. Oh yeah.... and put your money where your mouth is and you finance their sorry a$$es for that 15 years if they can't support themselves, cause I ain't gonna pay taxes to house and feed some pervert.

PRS Bryan

THIS is why we have problems in the USA, bleeding hearts. Glad your out of your "administering therapy" and in the sign business. You should be embarrassed to tell people what you think on this subject.
Like the OP just posted, put them on their own island, and you go with them since you think they are alright or hang them.

I am glad you appreciate my career decision.

The fact of the matter is the vast majority of sex offenders were at one point themselves victims of a sexual offence.

They are trying to gain power in the same manner in which power was stripped from them.

In the end you have three choices, exile/incarcerate them indefinitely, kill them (permanently) or try to help them.

Not all of them will respond well but some of them do (recidivism rates are difficult to pin down for sex offenders) and I was willing to spend a small amount of my time and effort trying to weed out the ones that can be helped. No, I am not embarrassed.

I am sorry that you feel I am what is wrong with our society. I am sure many would say the same of you.

PRS Bryan

I knew it, you're part of the problem. Feel free to be offended by me. You put your hands on a child, all you should get is dead. Period.

I am not offended by you, I was asking how you know that it can never be fixed. Considering experts in the field are unable to determine that despite an exhaustive review of case studies. I wanted to see if you were willing to kill an entire group of citizens based on what I have to assume is anecdotal evidence

I am not concerned with the simplistic black and white mentality that you display.

You can puff out you chest and make hollow threats to people you know only by the name they are labeled with.

Regardless, if you follow though on your ill conceived threats you will be charged for the crime you commit.

Believe what you will, say what you will, but think long and hard before you follow through. You may think they are animals but the courts may decide you are the one that needs to be in a cage.

John Butto

I am glad you appreciate my career decision.

The fact of the matter is the vast majority of sex offenders were at one point themselves victims of a sexual offence.

They are trying to gain power in the same manner in which power was stripped from them.

In the end you have three choices, exile/incarcerate them indefinitely, kill them (permanently) or try to help them.

Not all of them will respond well but some of them do (recidivism rates are difficult to pin down for sex offenders) and I was willing to spend a small amount of my time and effort trying to weed out the ones that can be helped. No, I am not embarrassed.

I am sorry that you feel I am what is wrong with our society. I am sure many would say the same of you.
Those that would say the same about me are the ones that are behind bars or the ones who are on the sex offender websites or the ones that have not been caught yet. I am not judging these people, because if I was, they would all be condemn to death. I know that a lot of good people feel the way I do on this subject, and a small minority of people, such as yourself seem to always get your way on this matter and as time goes on it seems to have festered.

Status
Not open for further replies.