Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with this font

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by deanalois, Jun 26, 2006.

1. deanalois

deanalois Member

Sep 7, 2005
    I need some help identifing this font anyone know what it is
    the word Racing
    Thanks Dean

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I don't think it's a font.

3. deanalois

deanalois Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Do you know of any fonts that look similar to the type that says Racing
    not checker flag part
    Thanks
    Dean

4. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Rage Italic or Rapier are similar in feel.

5. SignMan Sez

SignMan Sez Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Hmmm, reminds me of a cartoon by Bob Parsons in SignCraft years ago. The foreman came in to the shop and said "Sorry Joe, we're going to have to let you go...the office gal just digitized your Casual".
    It was a true expression of the changing times in the sign industry.

Because window "splash" graphics became my mainstay (for the last 20 years), I didn't keep pace with the whole vinyl aspect of the trade, and have felt like a "dinosaur" on many occasions. However, when I see a post like this request for a hand-lettered type font, I get a silent, confident smile knowing that I possess the skill to produce such an item efficiently with a brush.
    As fate would have it, I recently started painting gym floor graphics for a company, and although it's hard work (at 55 yrs. old) I'm enjoying it knowing my talents are being used and are greatly appreciated. (Not to mention the $$$ is real good too...lol).

6. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Here is a link to an EPS of the Pontiac Racing logo which is what your sample was pulled from.

7. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    :U Rock:sign man thats why you seniors rock Most of you could hand letter the signs before we get all the parts found :) thats why I get upset at know it all noobs If they've never watched you guys without computers etc.& they come on here knowing it all & disrespecting the Profession they have decided to follow yet they feel the need to be disrespectful of the seniors if it wasn't for you guys we wouldn't even have half the fonts we do as most were created by a man with a brush first. We owe respect to those that came before & their are those like Steve C. & Fred who still create the Kewl fonts we use in our signs . :thumb::unclesam::unclesam::unclesam::thumb: