• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need installation ideas

klingsdesigns

I have a bank that whats me to install a 3x5 or 4x6 rough size of a sign of some sort from the ceiling. The want it so that if someone was going to come steal it that it wont ruin the ceiling when the take the sign.
I was thinking coroplast with grommets, banner, polymetal?

What are your guy's ideas and ways to attach. I have not seen the ceiling in person. They are thinking of having a ad/sign above each drive thru.

Attachments

• bank.jpg
    bank.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 64

DesireeM

Definitely not coroplast. The signs will need a bit of weight to them due to wind. Banners maybe... We would probably use Alupanel (ACP) and drill holes to hook them to a chain so they can be easily removed.
I'm wondering why they think anyone would steal the signs? I can't picture what they might say that would appeal to thieves...

You'd need to go check out the ceiling to make a proper call on how to attach them though. Depends on what kind of support is under those tiles and where.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're gonna hafta re-think this. If you hang a sign in there, it will lower that head height to a degree, nothing will fit in there, but a scooter. I'd put the advertisement on the face of the wall coming in, make it as vandal proof as possible and look professional. Either make it of substantial aluminum composite or a heavy-duty banner. Anything else will look chintzy...... especially for a bank.

klingsdesigns

I have thought about the problem with height. If your going 4feet in height thats a lot. I will have to drive up there and measure and see what i am working with.
They want to swap them out monthly and they really dont care on cost.

DesireeM

You're gonna hafta re-think this. If you hang a sign in there, it will lower that head height to a degree, nothing will fit in there, but a scooter. I'd put the advertisement on the face of the wall coming in, make it as vandal proof as possible and look professional. Either make it of substantial aluminum composite or a heavy-duty banner. Anything else will look chintzy...... especially for a bank.

Good point! I was picturing that the signs would be height restriction warnings...in which case they may choose to hang them to whatever height is the maximum allowed. More info would help.

klingsdesigns

Good point! I was picturing that the signs would be height restriction warnings...in which case they may choose to hang them to whatever height is the maximum allowed. More info would help.

They want to hang something that they can swap out each month that is advertisement for them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya get a set up for eye-hooks, install them and put a locking mechanism on it and with a little effort, they can change them out whenever they choose. You can do two like this or one long skinny one across the whole top.

attachment.php

Attachments

• banking.jpg
    banking.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 85

Billct2

Yep, what Gino showed. I'd use an extrusion like the bus ads use, one end removes, slide out to swap, and coro is the right thickness.

Tony McD

Around here the banks just use the swinger sidewalk signs and set them on the curb. These are really easy to steal if that helps :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Where can I find what you are describing here? Who sells this?

There's been a Merchant Member here showing off his wares with a set up especially made for this kind of application. Lind Say or something like that. He shows off much larger banners, but he has small ones like this, too. Maybe someone can look it up and point you in the right direction.

Billct2

Any sign supplier that sells extrusions will have what I suggested. They may call it a wall mount

klingsdesigns

UPDATE:
They want a banner to hang under lane 2. They don't want anything attached to the outside front of the roof part.
Trying to think of the best way to do this for the problem of the wind.

Thinking of two eye hooks into the ceiling. Then have chain go to the banner on the top of each corner.
Would putting a 1 inch pvc pole pocket on the bottom of the banner solve the problem with the wind?
Then of course screw the pole into the banner so it don't easily come out.

Billct2

I think it's a bad idea, but hey, I'm just a signguy not a banker. I would use pole pockets top & bottom and make sure those eyebolts are well secured. At least it will move if someone hits it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ain't gonna work. Looks like you have about a 10' clearance. They want a 3' or 4' hanging sign. After you attach a hanging system, the banner and reinforce it, you might have 6' to the bottom of the sign. Besides the vandalism side of things.... most breezeways like that, create a heck of a wind tunnel. It will be dangerous, to say the least. I would simply tell them to find someone else to hang it in there, if they want to tell you how to do things logically and legally. That thing will tear loose regardless of what you put up, unless you make it permanent. Now what kind of permanence sign/banner is gonna work for them, if the lane can't be used ?? I don't see a single marking indicating the height clearance. That's also a concern. Someone is not thinking in that place. Perhaps you should give them some lessons on updating their liabilities.

Use these, perhaps?

Alpina Manufacturing in Chicago manufactures these and they are not only a great product, but the wholesale prices on these things are ridiculously cheap so you can make a decent markup. You could do these with coroplast, PVC, banner material, or a host of other options.

Attachments

• sign frame.jpg
    sign frame.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 61