• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Material for Cheerleading Signs

SAR.Summerlin

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a material to use for those cheerleading signs they hold up during game that say GO Fight Win things like that. We have already suggested coroplast and sintra. Coro is too "ghetto" their words and sintra is too heavy. I don't want to suggest foam core because they toss these things from the top of the pyramid and it just can't take the beating.
Basically I need a light weight rigid material that I can apply cut vinyl to. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
:thankyou:

petepaz

what about banner material. or .060 pvc (banner would be safer, the 060 pvc may end up like a frisbee when they throw it to the ground and someone may lose an eye)
banner could be thrown, no one will get hurt, it's light and can be rolled up and re-used

SAR.Summerlin

what about banner material. or .060 pvc (banner would be safer, the 060 pvc may end up like a frisbee when they throw it to the ground and someone may lose an eye)
banner could be thrown, no one will get hurt, it's light and can be rolled up and re-used

They need them to be rigid. One of the girls says she had a foam type one at a previous school. I agree my first thought was coro but that is what they have and they don't like them.

Shadowglen

If they said they had foam then it must have been foam board or Gator? I cant think what else would have been used. All I have ever seen used is good old coroplast. what ever you use I would round the corners because they will be not so nicely rounded at the first outing regardless.

Salmoneye

If you have print capability the grey backed vinyl over 10mm coro isn't too bad, you could even apply a trim cap arount them.

Salmoneye

I have used the smooth 10mm eco board (10mm cardboard equivalent of coro with smooth face) but you would have to cap the edges because they look awful. You could probably just wrap the edge with cloth tape and even round the corners.

petepaz

what about that honeycomb board, falcon board? ( i forget the name of it)
maybe that's a step above the ghetto, perhaps almost middle class...haha
the pvc would work but you should round the corners

SAR.Summerlin

Thanks guys. We planned on rounding the corners already. I will tell them agian that the most common and affordable option is coro.

@ Pat - :ROFLMAO: - cut vinyl letters

MikePro

lol @ "ghetto"
got yourself a sofistikated client right there :)

plenty of brands out there that have coroplast filler, with a rigid non-fluted face.
loads of names for it, check with your supplier.
gatorplast, nudo panels, are two that pop to mind.