• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need pointers for a first "bigger" install

Dennis422

This would be my first bigger install since i started working with vinyl.
I have to do 10 semi trailers, so I would need to install 20 4'x2' cut vinyl signs one on each side of the trailer, 10 2'x1' cut signs on the back and 4" numbers on the back and sides of each trailer.
I will be using Oracal 751, and I have Laminator and Yard sign tools from Big Squeegee (Both 26"). Would those tools help me on the install? Or should I just do the hinge method and use regular small squeegees?

There would not be any interference with rivets, the signs will fit right between the riveted areas.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

SIGNTIME

hinge and 4" squeegee this should be consider to be an easy task for any installer you will only be handling a 2'x2' piece after hinging... you may want to watch a youtube video or 2 before hand if your worried

petepaz

hinge and 4" squeegee this should be consider to be an easy task for any installer you will only be handling a 2'x2' piece after hinging... you may want to watch a youtube video or 2 before hand if your worried

+1

are you installing by your self or do you have a helper. larger jobs always good to have an extra set of hands

Dennis422

Thanks guys, just me for now.
I might get someone to help out. I have watched few of the videos on YouTube, that is how I knew about hinge.
I will definitely try that first.

petepaz

you can pretty much get anyone to help. i always worked alone but lately i bring help. help just with hanging the larger graphics saves a ton of time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are we really talking 2' x 4' ?? That seems like a very small area for a semi. Are they patches or something ?? If so, a second set of hands might be required to make sure everything lines up properly.

Dennis422

It is a 4'x2' cut vinyl piece. (4' wide)
The trailer has 4' wide panels and that is why he chose that size.