• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need recommendation for a cheap vinyl for my L25500

Dennis422

As stated in the title, I need recommendation for a cheap vinyl for my L25500.

I did try IJ35C and InstantOne Media vinyls, but I'm getting buckling and heat distortion in the vinyl.
Having hard time cutting anything on those materials.

I even reduced the heat down to 212 F or 110 C and still have the same issue (10 pass). (IJ35 profile in Flexi)

While I'm already asking this question, I did reduce the heat down in Flexi, but the heat setting on the printer screen still shows 240 I believe.
Does the printer heats vinyl per Flexi or the printer settings? Should I change some setting in the printer? I have it set-up for Self Adhesive vinyl on the printer.

Thanks

I did try IJ35C and InstantOne Media vinyls, but I'm getting buckling and heat distortion in the vinyl.

I even reduced the heat down to 212 F or 110 C and still have the same issue (10 pass). (IJ35 profile in Flexi)

While I'm already asking this question, I did reduce the heat down in Flexi, but the heat setting on the printer screen still shows 240 I believe.
Does the printer heats vinyl per Flexi or the printer settings?

The printer heats to what you have it set to in Production Manager. The L2500 heats above and then drops down to temp. Sometimes the first couple feet are really bad because it sits up on the platen for a long time.

Should I change some setting in the printer? I have it set-up for Self Adhesive vinyl on the printer.

The main culprit is the heater. I would try adjusting the heater down and the curing up a little. That's why on the new 300 series they took the heater out and use an optimizer to fix the ink to substrate.

The IJ35C is one one of the best plain white vinyls I think. We have also used briteline from grimco. It is not as good of a product though. I still think you will have better luck with the 3M

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Techman

it looks like you have some invisible test in there.

Why not just usse the quote feature and make text readable?

UPSSByTheSea

Does the printer heats vinyl per Flexi or the printer settings? Should I change some setting in the printer? I have it set-up for Self Adhesive vinyl on the printer.

Thanks

I use the exact same equipment and materials and I have enjoyed excellent results since I first started using InstantOne Media vinyls 8 montnhs ago. I run standard HP Adhesive Vinyl Profiles for matt or gloss although I have pushed the air flow to the max for better curing. More heat can create more problems and bubbling in general but I've not experienced that issue in this context or product.

tattoo.dan

I have same set up. use ij35 all the time and love it...just tried instant one and had horrible buckling and bad print quality. for the ij35 material tho, i don't use that profile. i have great results with the oracal 3621 dry temp set at 55, curing temp at 123, airflow at 45, vacuum at 25

Christian @ 2CT Media

I had a L25 and now a L26. Have used IJ35 since day one in 2010 with no issues, recently we committed to the switch of IOM and have loved it and will continue to phase out our other vinyls.

Our settings are 205 and 130 for heat.

Suz

Thanks a bunch guys.
I'll try those settings.

Hi Dennis, I'm a bit late, but will chime in too.
I am really pleased with the Briteline in my L25500. No problems with curing ink or with wavy or overheated vinyl.
Cuts down head strikes! LOL. Stay away from those . :)

Dennis422

Hi Dennis, I'm a bit late, but will chime in too.
I am really pleased with the Briteline in my L25500. No problems with curing ink or with wavy or overheated vinyl.
Cuts down head strikes! LOL. Stay away from those . :)

I have a roll of Briteline 3201 coming to me to try.
We'll see how that works out.

bulldozer

I have a roll of Briteline 3201 coming to me to try.
We'll see how that works out.

We had issues with the briteline. The adhesive was not adhering properly to our substrates. It was acting like it was a low-tac material. We might have got a couple bad batches, but I switched to instant one and haven't looked back.

Dennis422

Hi Josh. No, I was hoping it will be better with air release (That is why I did not get your vinyl)
I just ordered Briteline roll to try, but when I have more stuff to order from you, I will definitely try your regular vinyl.

BTW, love the wall vinyl

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi Josh. No, I was hoping it will be better with air release (That is why I did not get your vinyl)
I just ordered Briteline roll to try, but when I have more stuff to order from you, I will definitely try your regular vinyl.

BTW, love the wall vinyl

Lol no worries man thanks