• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need some help/advice on a storefront sign

Naskhan

So we want to add a larger sign above our shop and have been kicking around ideas. We want to do a 4x8 sign on aluminum. This is the rough design that our designer came up with. Its ok but I was hoping to pick everyones brain. Our building is medium brown. We are not married to the color scheme either. I wanted something eye catching. Thank you for the help!

Attachments

• PrestigeSign_v1.pdf
    113.9 KB · Views: 110

Naskhan

Added jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 107

Naskhan

Both. Not screen printing shirts or apparel. Industrial screen printing (manufacturing support) and digital. Actual company name is prestige screen printing inc. Founded 40 years ago.

Jillbeans

The spacing is definitely in need of help.
I'd be more inclined to not break it up into panels, and also mention the fact that you do industrial screenprinting. You don't want people coming in pestering you for T shirts.
You could also break it into a 2'x16' rectangle if space would allow for a more "storefront" type appearance.
I don't like having printing on there 3 times like I did but I don't know an alternative.
Love....jill

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 102

jen.reelez

The spacing is definitely in need of help.
I'd be more inclined to not break it up into panels, and also mention the fact that you do industrial screenprinting. You don't want people coming in pestering you for T shirts.
You could also break it into a 2'x16' rectangle if space would allow for a more "storefront" type appearance.
I don't like having printing on there 3 times like I did but I don't know an alternative.
Love....jill

Now the storefront sign looks more attention-catching than before. :Big Laugh

The services offered are now clearer. Nice modification :thumb:

Adam M

I definitely found JillBeans' sign more aesthetically pleasing. The company name drew my attention in that version. In the original I didn't feel like I had a focal point, my eyes weren't immediately drawn anywhere.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No matter how you fix the kerning or whatever, that sign is gonna look dead on a brown building.

Question for ya...... same question I ask all of our customers. Do you really have to put on your sign what you do ??

Is there a way you could make your sign, just a sign and put your laundry list on your front window, instead of wrecking a sign ??

When you have a truck or a sign which isn't at your shop, perhaps then you need to tell people who you are and what you do and even how to get a hold f you, but right in front of your store....... not so much. How 'bout a snapshot of your storefront. It will help tremendously in giving advice. :wink:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Why did your designer take liberties with your logo?

I would think keeping your logo/identity/brand consistent would be your first priority.
If you were going to mix your identity up, make it look nicer that your original identity or
redesign the logo.

blah!!!

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 104

Biker Scout

I agree, there's nothing really wrong with your logo. It's your identity after all. An aluminum sign with all that crap on there would look cheesy, and lowers the perceived class of the establishment.

I think maybe your square p logo should just be that... a black field with a raised P on some 2" thick black coated sign foam with a yellow acrylic face or even yellow aluminum face. Do the same with the Prestige letters too.

TammieH

Honestly I would think about dropping the word "graphics" its really not needed and feels out of place, that would leave room for more kerning and make it easier to read

I like what Jill did to your logo :)

Biker Scout

Good point... graphics is so over used, it's almost a cliché. Doesn't everyone do graphics now anyway? I think it would stand to reason that if a business said printing of any kind that graphics just naturally lended itself to the business model.

That being said, I'd not be surprised to see a business named, "Fried Chicken & Graphix"