• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need something to say to liar solicitors

John L

Instead of putting them on hold, just try "Mute" instead. That way you can listen in and won't miss any of the real fun.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I like the direct, and assertive approach outlined by a couple of the guys above. Shoot 'em down early and then get back to work.

As for the silly games that you play on the telephone, or in the office...how much is that really costing you? How much are these rants costing you? (Shop rate x ? hours on the telephone / forum in an average week or month = lost profits)

You'd be pissed if they came in and snatched a $50.00 dollar bill out of your pocket every time this happens, but hey...that's what they're doing.

Hobby or business? That's your decison.

JB

Slamdunkpro

If you get a slam call about your phone service:
Ask them to tell you your account number. When they can't provide it, say in a loud and clear voice:
"I decline any offer of service and I DO NOT authorize any change or switch to my existing service." then hang up.

d fleming

The hold button is a wonderful thing, waste some of their time. For the idiots that walk in, they get the bums rush. I had to threaten AT&T with a harrassment suit to get them to stop bugging me. Great thing that my lawyer is also a good friend. He sends awesome letters.

Billct2

I guess it depends on the mood I'm in....
I have new one for the "free web page" designers I tell them I just had a new web site designed and it only cost me $25,000 for three pages, but maybe next time. The new thing here is electric suppliers (we were just deregulated), I tell them that I'm building my own biomass generator that runs on used cat litter. And of course my classic for new credit cards or loans..."That's awesome! Last week the bankruptcy judge told me I wouldn't be able to get a credit card or loan for years!"

Seinfeld

Jerry: This isn't a good time.
Telemarketer: When would be a good time to call back, sir?
Jerry: I have an idea, why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you back later?
Telemarketer: Umm, we're not allowed to do that.
Jerry: Oh, I guess because you don't want strangers calling you at home.
Telemarketer: Umm, no.
Jerry: Well, now you know how I feel.
[hangs up phone]

...of course you're not at home, so you would have to modify it a bit.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like the direct, and assertive approach outlined by a couple of the guys above. Shoot 'em down early and then get back to work.

As for the silly games that you play on the telephone, or in the office...how much is that really costing you? How much are these rants costing you? (Shop rate x ? hours on the telephone / forum in an average week or month = lost profits)

You'd be pissed if they came in and snatched a $50.00 dollar bill out of your pocket every time this happens, but hey...that's what they're doing.

Hobby or business? That's your decison.

JB

You're right, but in these times.... it's always good for letting off some steam.

I usually just say who's calling ?? Please wait and I'll connect you to the person you need to talk to and put them on hold. Come back about 30 seconds later and ask... are you still holding ?? Sorry, please wait, they're on their way and put them on hold again. Sometimes, if they're still there, I'll just start calling them dumb names in tourette style and talking total nonsense as if they've been disconnected and got a partyline of nuts. :ROFLMAO:

jmb474

Make a No Soliciting - Violators will be shot sign and when they come in grab a super soaker and unleash on them.