• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Suggestions on a Logo

nikdoobs

I think I'm getting closer here. I'm starting to like this new one. What do you guys think?
SES-Bulb-Logo.jpg

Marlene

no no and no to the last one. that looks like a regular light bulb. since they go in and make the hone/business more environmentally sound, the light traditional light bulb would be the last thing they would have. I know they make LED blubs that look like that but no one thinks of that when they see that shape. one of those bulbs that twirl would be better.

Attachments

• bulb.jpg
    bulb.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 105

nikdoobs

I actually thought about that, but then I figured it wouldn't be as recognizable. I'm going to do a mock up for comparison.

genericname

You could use one more, shorter bulb piece at the top to round out the design, as it feels a little lopsided right now. I'll throw in another vote for getting rid of those roots by the way. Overdone, doesn't fit the rest of the design, and they look menacing.

Marlene

yes please get rid of the roots they are horrid. they may have a tagline but no need to act it out with a graphic. I do like the twirlly light bulb better

nikdoobs

The client really like roots for some reason. I do agree that they are kind of menacing looking. I may try and re-design them to look a little less alien-like.

CES020

If you have to do a root, don't make it go down like the root of a tooth, do a level or 2 that are more horizontal, like the top 2 roots in this image (kinda flowing, staying close to the top, as opposed to deep and scraggly looking).....

Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 12.44.54 PM.png

Marlene

problem with client liking the roots is they know what they are and why they are there. no on else has a clue why there are roots coming out from under a light blub. if you have the roots it has to make sense. making the blub look like a growing thing, maybe. it is hard to work in an element that really doesn't work.

laserman70

problem with client liking the roots is they know what they are and why they are there. no on else has a clue why there are roots coming out from under a light blub. if you have the roots it has to make sense. making the blub look like a growing thing, maybe. it is hard to work in an element that really doesn't work.

Light bulb and roots make no sense.

my .02