Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to manipulate a PDF in illy

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Angela, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Angela

Angela Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Temecula, CA
    Hello,
    I need to manipulate a PDF in illy. I have placed it, flattened it, rasterized it, and to no avail. Is what I need to do even possible? Any feedback is appericiated.

Tags:
  2. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Sounds like the elements were flattened prior to it getting to you. If in outline mode you don't see any vector elements, you have nothing to work with.

3. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    if by illy you mean illustrator.. you can't edit a flattened file..

4. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Be more specific. What do you want to manipulate? Do not rasterize, that turns it into pixels which is not vector

5. jc1cell

jc1cell Active Member

Jun 11, 2007
    If the PDF is originally from a pixel file you will not be able to do any editing in Illustrator. Play around with it in Photoshop if its only text you will be changin.

jc

6. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    If it is a vector file, when you click "Place" and it wants to know which file to place, in the bottom left corner there are 2 boxes: Link and Template. Make sure Link is checked and not template.

After you find the file, a Place PDF window pops up. I like "Art" for the Crop To option. Maybe mess around with that.

7. Angela

Angela Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Temecula, CA
    I believe it is flattened already. Thank you all so much.