• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need to recreate this in a high resolution version

SqueeGee

Our client has provided the attached image that will need to be out put at approximately 7' tall. Obviously the image quality is too poor for that so we need to recreate this image at an acceptable resolution. I can't do it but I'm willing to pay someone who can. Any ideas?

Attachments

• slide_image2.png
    slide_image2.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 82

SqueeGee

Though this is MUCH better than the file supplied to me, I'm afraid that we still need it to be higher res. I outputted a section of it at full size and it's too pixelated. There is a little website listed in the top right corner of the image. It looks like dws-4.me but that address doesn't work. Obviously, just purchasing the image would be the easiest route. I assumed my client had the image created but that's obviously not the case.

So back to the original question - I posted it as a job on guru.com to recreate it but I'm open to other ideas. I just need it done within the next few days.

I'd still love to know how rdmdarr found the image, also.

SqueeGee

I had tried TinEye(no hits) but didn't know you could do that with google. Thanks!

President Dave Dorsey of Aurora Graphics would be pleased to know he got a mention here, I'm sure. :)

I found this one, which I assume is the one you're referring to and I like it. I just don't think I can switch it at this point though since it's different:

https://www.auroragraphics.net/product_info.php?products_id=3231

I've got a bid on guru.com from someone in the Phillippines who says they can do it for $60. I'm going to see if I get anymore bids by morning and then pull the trigger with someone there unless I run across another solution before then.

Thanks!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What's keeping you from running the the image that you have through something like PhotoZoom or any other of the many spline fit resizing packages? That what I did with the miserable little image you originally posted and it came out just fine. You might want to try something like that before sending up a distress flare.

Your problem isn't going to be enlarging this thing, there's nothing to that if you know what you're about. The work of a few seconds. Your big problem is going to be trying to print all that gray, worse with the transparency fade, and have it actually come out gray and not some magenta/blue/green tinted monstrosity. That might present a challenge or two.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
It can be done in vector format ... though, I would hate to see the man hours on it making it look exact since it's a mesh tool piece of art. .. I would be looking at 5-12 man hours on that one to recreate it ... it's doable ... just not $60 doable. ;)

J Hill Designs

Maybe I'm figuring this wrong but if you use the download file from the pichost site (not the screen shot) the resolution comes out at 72 dpi. Not perfect but pretty acceptable for a giant wall graphic.

Maybe Im missing something, but I see 2560x1440

1440 @ 84 inches = 17.143 dpi

rjssigns

I'd run it through OnOne Perfect Resize and see what you get. OnOne never ceases to amaze me how far things can be "pushed" and still look great.

SqueeGee

Very nice!

I engaged a designer on guru this morning but this is a great "fall back" position should that not work out.

Per Bob's suggestion, I downloaded the PhotoZoom trial and tried it. It looked pretty good but the cost of the program exceeded the cost of the "guru" AND this gave me a good reason to try out guru so I went that route this time.

I'll post back how this works out in the end(hopefully next week).

Thanks so much for all the great replies and help!

Malkin

We use PhotoZoom almost daily here, well worth the cost (though we even got it 50% off)

Used frequently on sponsor signs where no one will take the time to find you hi res logos, but I still don't want to churn out crap. Frequently I can PZ a low-res logo, and make it plenty good enough for some throw away coro signs. In other cases, running something low res through PZ before doing an auto trace in Illy gets a much better result as well.