Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need urgent help with my graphtec 8600

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Micheal, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Micheal

Micheal Member

May 1, 2017
    Ottawa Ontario
    Print decals and cut in normal condition in tool one position and everything is good.

Setup condition 8 with tool three for cut contour stickers - I switch my tool to tool 3 position before it starts cutting but cut lines are shifted to the top of the design.. any ideas?

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    if the cut is only off in the one direction and if it's around 3mm or so, it sounds like the plotter isn't recognizing that it should be using tool position 3, easy way to check, if you put the knife nack in tool position 1 does it cut where it's supposed to?

3. Micheal

Micheal Member

May 1, 2017
    Ottawa Ontario
    Also tried that, I ended up just making bleed bigger and manually moving cut line on the design file for now at least it looks passable!

Thanks for your help... another question.. i got the warning sign on my yellow ink i get my ink on monday or tues will it be ok if i leave it like that for now or should i throw a cleaning cart in it?

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    you will be fine, i've printed entire rolls with a ink warning light on and still didn;t have to replace the cart. either the warning is really premature, or the printer uses very little ink.

5. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    I can't believe how early the S80600 throws an ink low warning. I can still print for weeks before it eventually goes empty.

6. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    If it's a symmetrical shape you've printed, is it possible it doesn't sit center of the reg marks and you've inserted it into the plotter backwards?
    Or just make a bleed like you did and go on home. I've been doing a .25" bleed on everything because who has time to reprint, and that ink costs nothing.

7. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    WUT?

8. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    So you are moving the blade holder to contour cut? I never had to do that on ours. Are you referring to the perf cut?