• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need urgent help with my graphtec 8600

Micheal

Print decals and cut in normal condition in tool one position and everything is good.

Setup condition 8 with tool three for cut contour stickers - I switch my tool to tool 3 position before it starts cutting but cut lines are shifted to the top of the design.. any ideas?

CanuckSigns

if the cut is only off in the one direction and if it's around 3mm or so, it sounds like the plotter isn't recognizing that it should be using tool position 3, easy way to check, if you put the knife nack in tool position 1 does it cut where it's supposed to?

Micheal

if the cut is only off in the one direction and if it's around 3mm or so, it sounds like the plotter isn't recognizing that it should be using tool position 3, easy way to check, if you put the knife nack in tool position 1 does it cut where it's supposed to?
Also tried that, I ended up just making bleed bigger and manually moving cut line on the design file for now at least it looks passable!

Thanks for your help... another question.. i got the warning sign on my yellow ink i get my ink on monday or tues will it be ok if i leave it like that for now or should i throw a cleaning cart in it?

CanuckSigns

you will be fine, i've printed entire rolls with a ink warning light on and still didn;t have to replace the cart. either the warning is really premature, or the printer uses very little ink.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Print decals and cut in normal condition in tool one position and everything is good.

Setup condition 8 with tool three for cut contour stickers - I switch my tool to tool 3 position before it starts cutting but cut lines are shifted to the top of the design.. any ideas?
So you are moving the blade holder to contour cut? I never had to do that on ours. Are you referring to the perf cut?