• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nervous

Angela

I am just getting into logo design, which you will be able to tell by the art work I am submitting. I am hoping for some friendly advice on where to go next or if it should go to the recycle bin instead. Please be gentle(ish)

Attachments

• xit telecom.pdf
    120.6 KB · Views: 193

fmg

You have a good foundation to build upon this.X is too big and the effect is not needed.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I am just getting into logo design, which you will be able to tell by the art work I am submitting. I am hoping for some friendly advice on where to go next or if it should go to the recycle bin instead. Please be gentle(ish)

It's very, ah, institutional looking. It has all of the excitement of a freeway off ramp sign. If that was the look you were going for, you've achieved it.

Regardless, lose the gradient.

Kaiser

I like it. Its a good foundation indeed. Here's a cleaner suggestion which can be used mono. Hope you like it ;)

Attachments

• xit telecom2.pdf
    128.2 KB · Views: 148

SignManiac

I'm sick so I could use a diversion. Another way to play with it.

Attachments

• xit.jpg
    xit.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

WI

I always try to design logos so that they work in black and white, period. No grey, no gradients, just black and white. Once you get that established, then start adding color. Your concept is good, it just needs balance and some management of negative space.

Also, Arial?

I know I'm being a snob here, but seeing logos made with fonts that ship with Windows upsets me. There are a million sans-serif fonts out there, and most of them are better than Arial. Avenir, Avante Garde, Century Gothic, Gotham, Folio, Interstate, Helvetica, Franklin Effing Gothic.

Check those out. You might be pleasantly surprised.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
actually... OP's is my fav.

Although it looks like if you add an e and shrink the x, you have an exact replica of an exit sign. Trick is to still imply the exit sign while not making it look exactly like one, you lose the uniqueness of the sign if you simply recreate something. May want to change the font for everything, or add a slight right-side convex vertical to the "IT", or something.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
ps - couldn't resist ;)

Attachments

• 34137251.jpg
    34137251.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:

John Butto

JonMASigns: lets see what you would design, you give a lot of advice but never see anything except some bad copy in front of a Lord of the Rings guy. So, "put up or shut up".

redbarn

JonMASigns: lets see what you would design, you give a lot of advice but never see anything except some bad copy in front of a Lord of the Rings guy. So, "put up or shut up".

LOL! Yes, many people do with no schooling or experience. Some of them are really successful. Don't be the hater from hateville.

Angela

you can't just get into logo design. It's something you really need to learn and research on.

Thank you all so much. You were all very kind and extremely helpful. I will work on this and resubmit.

Might I ask what program most of you use when designing a logo? And any recommendations pertaining to what Coloradosigns says?