• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Netflix

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I like talking about signs and all... but I've got some more serious questions and problems... What to watch on Netflix? They are adding SO much that some of it is just crap and I don't want to research everything I see on Rotten Tomatoes.

Any recommendations?

equippaint

Narcos
Bloodline
The punisher
Breaking bad
Better call saul
Schitts creek
Ozarks
Trailer park boys - haha
Shameless
American vandal season 1
Madmen
Californication
Bad education
Riverdale
Designated survivor - per my wife
Sick note - funny
Im sorry
Dexter

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Binge watch all the content distributed by Disney's studios that you can while you can still do so. Disney is launching their own "Disney+" streaming service around the end of the year or early next year. Once that happens all Disney-related content is moving over to that service. Some Disney-related stuff has already been pulled. And the content will continue to disappear throughout this year. All of the Marvel TV series currently on Netflix are pretty much finished. I think any future seasons will be exclusive to the Disney service. Same goes for all the super hero feature movies. Captain Marvel won't ever play on Netflix. Same goes for any future Marvel movie releases, such as Avengers: Endgame.

The bad news doesn't stop there. The AT&T buyout of Time-Warner was recently approved. One of the big things on AT&T's agenda is launching a streaming service of their own. There is a fair amount of Warner Bros content that will be pulled from Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. And they plan to somehow incorporate HBO into the mix. There are even rumors that HBO could be pulled from traditional cable and made into a streaming-only thing. And that might be just fine. Dish Network hasn't carried the HBO channels for the past few months because they want even more money from Dish customers. IMHO, the value of HBO is going to drop considerably once Game of Thrones is finished. HBO does generate good content, but is an HBO Now subscription worth $180 per year?

I'm afraid we may be within the "golden days" of streaming. The big traditional Hollywood movie studios are trying to fight back against Netflix and Amazon (Hulu is now majority owned by Disney due to their very recent absorption of 20th Century Fox). The average consumer has been trying to fight back against the insane price gouging that has gone on with traditional pay TV over the past decade by cutting the cord. Prices have literally doubled for many customers since 2010. Cord cutting and streaming has been a good response to that. But now we have big movie studios fighting back, starting their own separate streaming services. So we may end up with a bunch of different, fractured services. And it's a sure bet the offerings from Disney, AT&T/Warner Bros and Comcast/Universal will cost a good bit more than Netflix. The word is already out that the Disney service will have at least 2 or 3 subscription tiers. It's pretty much certain they'll charge a lot more for their service than Netflix or Amazon.

I don't do this because I'm paranoid about malware, but I know quite a few people who have jail-broken Amazon Fire Sticks, Kodi boxes or other devices designed to get pirated content. That's another thing whose glory days are going to be coming to an end soon.

Last edited:

ikarasu

There's so many good shows. And even though I have friends who watch most of the same stuff... I've got hooked on stuff they find is stupid. Some of the lesser mainstream shoes are great.

I suggest watching the first episode of everything that sounds remotely interesting. If it sucks you've wasted 20-30 minutes of your time... There's so many gems on Netflix and Amazon prime that not too many people know about. And of course cable networks don't advertise them untill they get the rights to broadcast them... So a lot stay relatively unknown.

YouTube Netflix original trailers.

Lately.i find myself watching foreign ones that are dubbed in English. Money heist had me addicted! It bombed in its own country, but got rave reviews in the Americas so they kept making it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Into The Badlands
Ash vs Evil Dead
Gotham
Stranger Things
Glow
Jessica Jones
Must be the timezone I like these too.
I watched the Love Death & Robots shorts - amazed at the current level of animation/cgi. Some pretty good story telling mixed in with all the sex and violence.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

netsol

i have an interesting problem.
when my wife chooses a show i don't care for (this is us, for example) if i take my ipad and leave the room, it is taken as an editorial comment. it triggers lengthy debate...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Narcos
Bloodline
The punisher
Breaking bad
Better call saul
Schitts creek
Ozarks
Trailer park boys - haha
Shameless
American vandal season 1
Madmen
Californication
Bad education
Riverdale
Designated survivor - per my wife
Sick note - funny
Im sorry
Dexter

Good list, there are one or two on there I havnt seen! Lol

visual800

equippaint nailed the ones Ive seen. Netflix is either got stuff or got nothing. I decided to cheat on Netflix and did a trial on HULU. They had more stuff I was watching Golden Girls and WINGS (brught back memeories) the only issue i had with HULU was I had to reload the app on the tv because it never would be connected (tv is straightwired to modem. Hit the web and saw tons of other people having connection issues, so I cancelled the free trial.

All in all I can say that Cable is not missed at all!!!!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yea alot of the stuff on equipaints list I've seen...more then once. Havnt heard of bloodline, punisher or cslifornication... have to check those out!

zspace

Premium Subscriber
The DIRT - The Motley Cru story
The Death of Stalin - dark comedy
Russian Doll - bizarre sci-fi

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Bly

Must be the timezone I like these too.
I watched the Love Death & Robots shorts - amazed at the current level of animation/cgi. Some pretty good story telling mixed in with all the sex and violence.

We're a day ahead of just about everybody else here :cool: