• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEVER had this happen in a customer service chat before....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Usually when you do a chat, there is a bunch of needless back a forth, "Oh I'm so sorry to hear that sir" "I know how frustrating that can be" "Rest assured I will take care of that" "Please hold while I look into it" BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. I'm always screaming at the computer saying can't these people just say "GOT IT FIXED" and SHUT THE FUCK UP??

Well, Dewalt knows how to do that. Had an 8AH battery die out of the blue... I went online and type in serial number, problem, my address and this is what happened next.

20220910_142833.jpg

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Why does your keyboard look all sticky?
Really though, 2 weeks? They should be able to give you a voucher to get one at the local DeWalt retailer. That would be good customer service. I just had to send off my new Makita, it was easy but what if that was my only drill?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Why does your keyboard look all sticky?
Really though, 2 weeks? They should be able to give you a voucher to get one at the local DeWalt retailer. That would be good customer service. I just had to send off my new Makita, it was easy but what if that was my only drill?
You know very well why his keyboard is sticky. Looks better than yours.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Based upon your response to another thread, who only has one drill ??
A big loser. The amateurs have backups but pros like me have backups for the backups. My rigid broke the same day, guts stripped out..... But I have 5 battery drills and 3 corded so jokes on them.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'd, Iike to know....... what has four legs, two arms and one head ??
Wait a minute. These are not only good customers - they are also good people, so I can't let any graphic disparagement stand.
I was not on the design team but I do think the new logo is a step up from the prior one:
1662939000303.png

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I got one of these batteries that gave up the magic smoke a month or so ago. Did you register it, or where did you find the 'chat with us' link?
Reminds me of the last time I had an airpod go out, I started 5 total 'chats' with the apple support folks in their special app. If you didn't respond within 5 minutes, they'd leave a case number and close the conversation. The last time I did it I sent a short novel, telling them I've done everything they've suggested, and that I want a replacement, here's 3 case numbers for reference, and that person actually kept the chat open by replying every 4 minutes until the had 'completed' my return request. Who the hell has time to stare at the service app waiting for replies like that?
Please, my bank has asked me a dozen times to register my truck since February and I still haven't. Last thing I would ever do is register a battery.

The letters they are sending are getting rather forceful, so I might have to do it tomorrow