• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New 5 Mil Grey Back Air Release!!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Just wanted you all to know about my latest home run product to hit the market is in and ready for sampling!

I have been distributing a 5 Mil BUBBLE FREE permanent adhesive vinyl with a white back for $115 on 54"x150' rolls vs. Everyone else's 3 Mil and even though its selling extremely well I found it wasn't perfect yet. The release liner was a little flimsy and sometimes would have tendency to curl so when I was working on perfecting it I decided to make other versions to compliment it. What has been created came out unbelievably AWSEOME!

This is the downside, I only manufactured 150 rolls of each of the following so I can gauge which ones to heavily stock Nationally, I am hoping for some feedback if possible. These materials can be stocked in any of our warehouses across the country so don't freak out that I have to send it right now from California please.

I am looking to see if anyone in here can utilize these new products:

5 Mil BUBBLE FREE GREY BACK PERMANENT Adhesive Vinyl (Gloss and Matte available)
5 Mil BUBBLE FREE GREY BACK REMOVABLE Adhesive Vinyl (Gloss and Matte available)

These will be great alternatives to: Grimco's Briteline DurationX, Oracal 3169RA, 3164RA, 3165RA, 3M IJ35C-10 or 20, Avery MPI 3303, 3323, General Formulations 201, 203, MacTac GV428P, GV429P. (None of these match my thickness!) Pretty much this stuff should shred anything else out there in comparison.

I am not trying to be the low cost provider on this material but my price is still very aggressive at $148.50 on 54"x150' rolls I think. You can compare it to any of the 3Mil products on the market but I honestly believe that this lineup will be one of the most successful ABV brands in the industry due to its print quality, increased thickness and general ease of use. It is a 3-5 year outdoor rated material and works excellent in Solvent, Eco-Solvent, Latex and UV. This line is offered exclusively through Gans Ink & Supply.

I am in the process of printing swatches and converting sample rolls so if anyone is interested in giving it a try its a 100% satisfaction guarantee! If you don't love it you don't pay for it! :toasting:

PS. The New Gans Ink & Supply wide format website should be up by the end of the month!

reQ

As mentioned before - still no love for Canada eh? :D I talked over a year ago with instantonemedia about getting pallet or two of their vinyl to distribute here in Canada, they were very interested but stopped responding to emails lol.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Would you mind defining the difference between permanent adhesive vs. removable adhesive vinyl.

Also, is it $115 a roll or $148.50 a roll.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Would you mind defining the difference between permanent adhesive vs. removable adhesive vinyl.

Also, is it $115 a roll or $148.50 a roll.

The difference between permanent and removable is just like all the others, removable will eventually become permanent over time but it allows more forgiveness during application if you screw up lol. The price is $115 on the NON GREY BACK, all the GREY BACK versions are at $148.50

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Same here.

We're in Manitoba if it helped with distribution... nice and central. :smile:

Would it make sense to partner up with a few of you guys in Canada and ship by the pallet then split it up once it gets there? I am willing to do what ever I can to get my materials to you guys and will look at any suggestions no problem.

CanuckSigns

Would it make sense to partner up with a few of you guys in Canada and ship by the pallet then split it up once it gets there? I am willing to do what ever I can to get my materials to you guys and will look at any suggestions no problem.

That would be pretty cool, but our dollar is killing us right now!! as it stands right now $148.50 USD is $196.34 CAD, which puts this product at the same price as 3M IJ35c, and about $30 a roll more than the Avery 3303.

I would love to give it a try, but at those prices, i've gotta stick with a name brand.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
That would be pretty cool, but our dollar is killing us right now!! as it stands right now $148.50 USD is $196.34 CAD, which puts this product at the same price as 3M IJ35c, and about $30 a roll more than the Avery 3303.

I would love to give it a try, but at those prices, i've gotta stick with a name brand.

Yes I understand, but I do think this material is in a different class than the others due to its much thicker base.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Define thicker is better? We all know that thinner is better, as in cast, 2m vinyl.

I can easily think of scenarios where "thicker is better" cheap temporary signage/decals not needing laminating, easier to mount to substrate or handle as a decal.

gnemmas

I can easily think of scenarios where "thicker is better" cheap temporary signage/decals not needing laminating, easier to mount to substrate or handle as a decal.

OK, that is one element. Easy to apply. for cheap temporary, short term.

for it's claimed 3 to 5 years, less shrinkage? won't turn brown? weather better than 3M IJ35?

I like to be able to compare apple to apple.