• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New 5 Mil Grey Back Air Release!!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Define thicker is better? We all know that thinner is better, as in cast, 2m vinyl.

Thinner is definitely better when talking about cast vinyl for car wraps and this is definitely not for that application but for most all other applications I think there is a definite advantage to a thicker vinyl. I am almost ready to attack the cast market but not quite yet.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
OK, that is one element. Easy to apply. for cheap temporary, short term.

for it's claimed 3 to 5 years, less shrinkage? won't turn brown? weather better than 3M IJ35?

I like to be able to compare apple to apple.

You can use this product for the highest end stuff available, the print quality is outstanding. I wish there was something to compare it to but there isn't in my opinion and that's why I came out with it. It's better for many of the everyday applications requiring vinyl, it's priced incredibly well and I'm confident it will be the product to beat for many years.

With my 20 years of experience specifically in wide format materials and the opportunity with an above average size company like Gans Ink, I am capable of making some really great things happen and this is only the beginning! Let me send you a sample and tell me what you think. I know where almost every material is made and how it's made and you will be shocked when you realize how good of a deal I am truly offering.

I have pretty big news coming up in the next few months and lots of new materials coming out that will really disrupt the market. Real excited! :thumb:

B Snyder

Is white back/grey back referring to the back of the vinyl (clear vs pigmented adhesive) or the liner color?

B Snyder

I tried the "5 Mil BUBBLE FREE GREY BACK REMOVABLE Adhesive Vinyl" in matte finish and it prints as well as IJ35C and 2923EZ matte products. It doesn't seem any thicker than either of these two. The adhesive seems to be as aggressive as IJ35-C. 2923EZ is less tacky at first touch.
Is this supposed to be a 5 year product like the 3M and Avery products?

I also received "4 mil Gloss Laminate with UV inhibitors." Seems ok but I've been using 50" reverse wound Oracal 210 for many years. I don't think I want to give up the grid pattern or reverse winding.

Has anyone else received their samples? Thoughts?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I tried the "5 Mil BUBBLE FREE GREY BACK REMOVABLE Adhesive Vinyl" in matte finish and it prints as well as IJ35C and 2923EZ matte products. It doesn't seem any thicker than either of these two. The adhesive seems to be as aggressive as IJ35-C. 2923EZ is less tacky at first touch.
Is this supposed to be a 5 year product like the 3M and Avery products?

I also received "4 mil Gloss Laminate with UV inhibitors." Seems ok but I've been using 50" reverse wound Oracal 210 for many years. I don't think I want to give up the grid pattern or reverse winding.

Has anyone else received their samples? Thoughts?

Brian,

Thanks for trying out the material, I really appreciate the feedback. I will check out the lam situation to see if I can do it differently for better performance. This is a 3-5 year material. :thumb:

AF

I would like to give it a go in our latex. Does it leave residue on the rollers like other cheap vinyls? What type of backer and how thick is the backer?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would like to give it a go in our latex. Does it leave residue on the rollers like other cheap vinyls? What type of backer and how thick is the backer?

No problem, PM your company info. No it does not leave any residue. The liner is a double sided 140gsm PE coated paper. (That is the release liner on the new Grey Backs, this will be the release liner on the new white back also)

B Snyder

I have been distributing a 5 Mil BUBBLE FREE permanent adhesive vinyl with a white back for $115 on 54"x150' rolls vs. Everyone else's 3 Mil and even though its selling extremely well I found it wasn't perfect yet. The release liner was a little flimsy and sometimes would have tendency to curl so when I was working on perfecting it I decided to make other versions to compliment it. What has been created came out unbelievably AWSEOME!

PS. The New Gans Ink & Supply wide format website should be up by the end of the month!

1- Does the Gans MAV5 (Matte 5 Mil Perm Adhesive Vinyl) use the same face stock and liner as the MBFAVR-GB that I tried? Do any of the materials still have the "flimsy" liner you mentioned above?

2- Can you share the link of the Gans website? Only site I found is down.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
1- Does the Gans MAV5 (Matte 5 Mil Perm Adhesive Vinyl) use the same face stock and liner as the MBFAVR-GB that I tried? Do any of the materials still have the "flimsy" liner you mentioned above?

2- Can you share the link of the Gans website? Only site I found is down.

The MAV5 is very different from the Grey Back version. MAV5 uses a flimsy release liner compared to the MBFGAVR-GB. The MAV5 will continue to have the thinner release liner but all the Bubble Free and Grey Back vinyls will have the thick release liner. The new non grey back bubble free with the think liner will be available in the next few weeks.

The website is www.gansink.com and we have been working for the last few months to launch the new site with all the wide-format info. The new site will hopefully be up very soon.

twister

I too am curious how this works out. I currently use matte Oracal's 3169RA for easy application of yard signs and large 8' x 4' Coroplast/Sintra/metal signs but this may be another option to reduce costs. For those who try it please update this thread with your thoughts. :)

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Originally Posted by twister

I too am curious how this works out. I currently use matte Oracal's 3169RA for easy application of yard signs and large 8' x 4' Coroplast/Sintra/metal signs but this may be another option to reduce costs. For those who try it please update this thread with your thoughts. :)

Here is another testimonial from a current user:

Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:17 AM
To: 'Jordan Koppelman'
Subject: RE: Checking in from Gans Ink & Supply

Afternoon Jordan,

The 5 mil grey back vinyl worked out much better than our last, 3 mil product. The application process worked out much better for our customers. I sent out a questionnaire with your product that taught me a few things that really opened my eyes.

1. Our customers are not professional installers
2. Only 3 of 25 customers had success installing the old product
3. 7-8 customers out of 25 had luck with your product, that’s a huge improvement.

Keep in mind most of the prints were 3’ x 5’ or larger, making install a headache for normal Joe.

I will say this, your product is more than twice as good as ANY of the adhesive offerings that we have sold.

Brian Jahnke
Product & Inventory Manager
halfpricebanners.com

PS. Our new WHITE BACK 5 MIL GLOSS PERMANENT W/AIR RELEASE is also now available and I guarantee everyone will love this one as well! :rock-n-roll:

DropZoneSpec

I would be interested in sample rolls of the 5 mil permanent gloss white w/ grey back in both comply and air release. We've been looking for a worthwhile vinyl for stickers that is easier to handle and install than the IJ35c-10 (given it's thickness it's so flimsy and we don't like taking away from the presentable appearance by taping over them).

Email me at support@dropzonespecialties.com please

D-Nice Customs

Would this stuff be suitable for Perf Cut Stickers? I found a 6mil Matte Material from General Concept 222 it worked great but only comes in 54" and I need 30" for me SP300v. I like not having to laminate simple stickers and decals but all the thinker stuff comes in 54" or bigger. Anyone know a way to cut these larger rolls down? 5mil would work just as good as 6 mil im assuming. I know 3.4mil is not worth my time. Haven't tried a 4mil yet but i believe the results would be the same as the 3.4. Any help or suggestion for a suitable Vinyl that i don't have to lam but still can perf cut thru the backing and is a greater number then 3.4 mil would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would be interested in sample rolls of the 5 mil permanent gloss white w/ grey back in both comply and air release. We've been looking for a worthwhile vinyl for stickers that is easier to handle and install than the IJ35c-10 (given it's thickness it's so flimsy and we don't like taking away from the presentable appearance by taping over them).

Email me at support@dropzonespecialties.com please

No problem, will email you later today to get your info.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Would this stuff be suitable for Perf Cut Stickers? I found a 6mil Matte Material from General Concept 222 it worked great but only comes in 54" and I need 30" for me SP300v. I like not having to laminate simple stickers and decals but all the thinker stuff comes in 54" or bigger. Anyone know a way to cut these larger rolls down? 5mil would work just as good as 6 mil im assuming. I know 3.4mil is not worth my time. Haven't tried a 4mil yet but i believe the results would be the same as the 3.4. Any help or suggestion for a suitable Vinyl that i don't have to lam but still can perf cut thru the backing and is a greater number then 3.4 mil would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yes it should be good for that no problem, let me see if I have any 30" samples I can send your way to try out.