• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New and have questions

shirley1520

My sons, ages 16 and 18, were given a heat press from church on the condition that they provide the church basketball team numbers for their shirts. That got us started, and now we're wanting to do logos so we started looking at the Roland GX-24 cutter. BUT, being at the age that they are, they also want the flexibility of doing car graphics.

We have very limited funds, but also don't want to invest in something that we'll not be able to use or will outgrow the need for quickly.

Any suggestions or recommendations?:help:

Thanks!
Mom

S

SignTech

"We have very limited funds, but also don't want to invest in something that we'll not be able to use or will outgrow the need for quickly."

Welcome! The above statement seems to sum it up. You get what you pay for in the sign business ........ usually. Get a good machine. Suggestions? Do your homework ........ keep saving up.Your statment was kinda funny, sounds like some of our customers ........ "I want a long lasting beautiful sign, but I have a small budget .... can you have it done by tomorrow?" lol .........

lbumbaca

i would save some more money and get a 30" cx-300 roland that's what i wish i had done from the start oh ya do not buy anthing named after a bird cat i wish i new about that before i got my first plotter a used cx 300 should be around 1500 to 2000 try a post in the for sale that your looking for one hope you find something soon l.b

Pro Image

Howdee from VA.........

The Roland is a good starter cutter.........I have a older (10years) Graphtec 24in that I still use today.............

signage

Welcome from PA! You could get the cutter and if you are going to get into printing for the cars you could sub that out. I would recommend at least a 24" bigger is better!

Techman

24" will be fine for about 98% of all your work. The other 2% will be easy with a workaround. I owned a 24" cutter for years and never actually needed a bigger one.

high impact

Welcome!!! Take it a step at a time.

Don't buy a cheap plotter, make sure you get a brand name and do your homework.

Have fun! and study, study, study!