• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New business card layout...Thoughts?

Circleville Signs

OK - after much consideration I have decided to follow Gino's (and that of several others) advice and NOT make a change to our logo at this point. I am, however, making some changes to the feel of our marketing materials.

Here's the new BC that I've come up with. Looking for feedback concerning layout, etc.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2011_BusinessCard_Gary.png
    2011_BusinessCard_Gary.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 98

mikey-Oh

I like the colour scheme.
The (we guarantee it!) looks/feels kinda wonky against the plane of the word bubble.

GP

I would adjust the skew on the speech bubble to make the text a little more legible.

GP

GP

Perhaps. It's really the bottom of the words "CIRCLEVILLE" and "AND" that I find distracting. The darker bottom lacks contrast with the outline and becomes muddled.

GP

Letterbox Mike

Just a thought, but what if you took your existing logo and didn't necessarily scrap it but maybe just tweaked it ever so slightly to update it? As it is overall I like the concept of the card but I feel like the logo doesn't quite compliment that style. It could without much work and without deviating from it's appearance whatsoever...

Can you upload a larger version of this design?

GP

PS - I had no idea there was a Circleville, OH.

I always thought it was a knock on the on-going circle vector art joke.

qmr55

Guarantee is spelled wrong.

I would make the bubble all orange with a white outline only to separate it from the left side being gray.

Other then that I like it.

signswi

Perhaps. It's really the bottom of the words "CIRCLEVILLE" and "AND" that I find distracting. The darker bottom lacks contrast with the outline and becomes muddled.

GP

All the attention goes to AND as it's the orange (attention grabbing color), which doesn't make sense. Messes with the graphic importance hierarchy.

Also agree that bubble text is out of perspective. Otherwise a nice card. Spot UV on the bubble is a good idea.

Letterbox Mike

I swapped the cases on your logo and ditched the outline just to see what it looks like. For some reason to my eye the outlined copy for your logo just doesn't jive. I don't know if I could put my finger on it, but it just looks off to me. Also, again to me, by putting "circleville" in lowercase letters and "SIGNANDGRAPHICS" in caps puts more emphasis on what you do than the city name, and it also eliminates an awkward line between the two lines of text when the sub copy was lowercase.

Not to say that this is a work of art, but to me this flows a little better or looks a bit "smoother" and complimentary to the rest of the design...

Dunno though.

Attachments

• 2011_BusinessCard_Gary.jpg
    2011_BusinessCard_Gary.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 92