• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Company - HotSpotStars

WallyG

Helloooo There, I just started a new company to compete and beat the big boys known as FATHEAD! We bought (2) Epsons 9800 and Roland GX-400 die cutter and a way we go. Oh the cool thing is. I own the sole rights to the removable material. Any ideas how to get this baby up and running
www.hotspotstars.com , Cheers Wally G :cool1:

signage

Another welcome from PA.
You may want to become a merchant member if you are going to be selling things here or offering a service.

3CGraphics

welcome and best of luck - you may want to take a look at the word art graphic on your site Your The Star - I believe that should be You're The Star

Are you planning on selling the material or distributing it in any way?

WallyG

Hey Steve, we are doing both, but hotspot stars in a new idea to make action sport shots of the grade school and high school kids. like FATHEAD does with the pro's. Not sure what the gene pool is on this site yet. Just got the printers and started a few months ago. we are doing awesome.

WallyG

Is there way to take a image with backround and have it vector the image out, without doing it by hand drawing?

player

Do people actually buy those kid shots on that material?

Also you show there is one type of material available... what is DI?

It is not good for ecosol machines?

How much will the 54" roll cost?

P

WallyG

Do people actually buy those kid shots on that material?

Also you show there is one type of material available... what is DI?

It is not good for ecosol machines?

How much will the 54" roll cost?

P

Yes the market for athletic shots are HUGE! , But we now finishing negotiations for all the Hollywood movie characters (superman, shrek) and huge deal in Canada of Swim Suite models (HOT) life size for the collage dorms. We have a new Eco-Solvent coating coming out and in Canada Unisource is exclusive distributor. www.phototexgroup.com is my material site. Wally G

WallyG

Welcome to :signs101: .

Uh, people pay money for that ____?

The kids sports market for this is HUGE, blew me away! But we do any shot. In fact Canada is sending us Models (men and woman) in there lets say abercrombie ad like poses! Life size shots.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Hey, should I be a merchant member, since we provide a service ? What is most of the people on the site use this site for? Hmmmm
Merchant membership ain't a bad idea if you are going to sell to people in the "biz" Having done business with several people on the board - both buying and selling - I can tell you it is worth every bit of the cost of a merchant membership.
As far as what people use this board for??? It ranges, looking for answers, venting about customers, finding distributors or just sounding off on all things sign-related and beyond (sometimes WAAAYYY beyond!)
Welcome to the board though, and put on your seatbelt... sometimes its a bumpy ride!!!

Flame

I'm trying not to be rude.... but why can't other people on here do the same thing? It's just a simple print and cut, only on cheapo paper material. I can buy epson adhesive backed paper, even coated, print and cut on that and WHAM, I'm in the business too.

I guess I look at this like the stork sign business........................ why?

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Hey Steve, we are doing both, but hotspot stars in a new idea to make action sport shots of the grade school and high school kids. like FATHEAD does with the pro's. Not sure what the gene pool is on this site yet. Just got the printers and started a few months ago. we are doing awesome.
I tried to do that sort of thing with magnetic signs a little over a year ago. A lot of poeple said they wanted them but when it came to buying them... I hope you do better than I did!

Goofball

I was unaware that this was something new. Fellers sells some material called Jarhead. I've been doing these for awhile now. Maybe I'm missing something. Not trying to be rude....I don't guess I understand the WOW factor here.

Bob

Techman

ive been doing cut outs for several years

they nice.. only thing is cutting coro for yard signs is a pain..