• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new direction of work!

OldPaint

wellllllllllllllll......i aint buyin no damn big printer, and i still want to do ARTISTIC stuff that requires some talent..............so i scored these pieces of equipment for a great price. not much fixin to do and i should be in production by begining of 2011. did this work while in college in the 70's. and just never could find kilns and wheels at decent prices. but it came together this week!

Attachments

• moon 089s.jpg
    moon 089s.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 144
  • moon 091s.jpg
    moon 091s.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 119
  • moon 092s.jpg
    moon 092s.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 128

davidcarr87

okie doke...i was kinda thinking it was something along those lines after i posted and looked at em a second time..:D good luck with it all...

threads1

OP......did that set of wheels come from a production line? Would 3 people be sitting next to each other making stuff? Neat equiptment. I think your going to have fun with it.......electric bill is going to be a tad higher tough.

signgal

If you're really feeling creative, try fusing glass. It rocks! there's gotta be some good art glass houses there. I used to run my stepdad's stained glass shop when we tried it. It can be a little pricey but I often think about how cool it would be to make signs that way.

omgsideburns

OP,

Here is the part of the game where I tell you that I'm upset that you have kilns and are getting in to pottery and glass because you're encroaching on my SO's business.

That's what we do around here right? Bitch when other people get in to free enterprise that involves what we do? ;)

Have fun with it OP, we very much enjoy making stuff just to see what happens when you put it in a hot oven for 20 hours.

Craig Sjoquist

Way cool OP awesome find 3 wheels wow and 2 kilns wow you can do some pottery and be free with creative thoughts indeed, since you done that before you never forget how much fun it is and relaxing to be using your hands to create a master pieces

can't wait to see some of your awesome work you get to do

OldPaint

after doing some research on line, i think that 3 headed table is a one off piece. and i remembered AMACO makes a wheel that resembles each one of these. its a 1/3 hp, 2 speed with an oil transmission. i guess someone took 3 of them, built the table and installed em.
heres what a single wheel looks like.
http://www.dickblick.com/products/amaco-no-1-potters-wheel/ and i got THREE!!!!
I also have another potters wheel, wife got me for a birthday couple years ago.
http://www.dickblick.com/products/c...mcid=adwords&gclid=CPXHlp_RkaQCFYxU2godrVRhJA
now i need to buy clay, chemicals for glazes and lots of 5 gal buckets)))))))))))))

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Now you can get a head start on making clay bunnies and tile ashtrays against the time when your handlers finally catch up to you and carry off back to the home. Perhaps in time you can progress to producing alphabet macaroni name tags.

//cynicism mode off//

At any rate, it's always a Good Thing when anyone gets a chance to have a go at something, anything, in which they've always wanted to be involved. I hope you enjoy the reality as much as the anticipation.

Keith Rae

Some of the true value in ceramics in in the design and finishing or the piece. With your talent with a brushes the possibilities are endless. Congratulations on the addition to your shop and looking forward to seeing some posts of your masterpieces.
Have fun playing.

wes70

Great find OP! Besides selling pottery you could also have people come make their own... maybe offer classes.