• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"New" Encad Novajet pro 600e user

Don

Hi I picked up a pro600e and I'm having one heck of a time getting it going, they don't make a driver for the mac. I'm using an older PS sytem, trying to use a rip called "FUTURE RIP" I'm getting alot of banding and can't change the color output on the when going to edit. I'm located in "THE OC" hope to learn alot for this site.:Coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Wow thats an old machine, dont know to many people to service that. You can call Matt at Media One 888-445-4099 he might be able to help, they might be able to get you inks for it also but not sure. Good Luck!

Letterbox Mike

Welcome!

And yikes, did you pick up a headache. Those things "can" print okay if you're pretty mechanically inclined and are able to scrounge up parts. The problem is it's so old nobody really makes many if any parts for it anymore. I'm not sure but I think Kodak/Encad may have even discontinued making heads?

We had one about 5 years ago that we picked up for next to nothing. Within 3 months we beat it to death in the parking lot with a sledgehammer for fun. If that tells you anything.

Don

I have plenty of ink, parts aren't the issue, although I've replaced the belt. primed the ink lines time after time, have to washed my hands just becaused I looked at it. Does any body have an older rip that would work or maybe the driver?

artbot

you are way better off getting a $40 dell off of ebay and running a demo from pinebush (one hint the software can run forever with your calendar set back after install). and you are good to go. that printer and the rips that come with it will not be a fun experience. and will be hard pressed to competitively make product.

i tore one apart and printed on 5x10 aluminum for a while. they are complete crap.

Attachments

• l_f65fea04eb24e61c2fc06036cdf21f9e.jpg
    l_f65fea04eb24e61c2fc06036cdf21f9e.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 129

Don

Thanks artbot, I'll ck out pinebrush. Why were you printing on metal and how did you keep the ink from smearing? That is a impressive set up you did with the 600e, how long before you had to replace it?

Techman

Where the heck is "OC"

You will need a RIP software for sure. The drivers are in the RIP.

Then you will need the profiles for the media which is more important than the drivers. If I remember right. I did not install the drivers anyway.

The encad can run with corel if you have a little knowledge of postscript. But it is not something for a noob to try. If ya want to sell the machine pm me. I can use a few parts.

I used to run my old 600 E all the time. It still gets a work out now and then.
I bought a dead machine for the parts. But lately some seem to thing these obsolete machines are piles of gold. Well, they are to someone who can run one. But they are not worth anything of value otherwise.

The real problem is getting cartridges. The sets on retailers shelves are older and are preprimed. The valves in the spray jets are getting bad from corrosion in my opinion. I obtained several new ones and each one was DOA.

I obtained others that came dry and they ran perfect. Good luck.

artbot

@don

i used it to print white. what back before white was available for even the grand format printers. recently i bought a jv3-160sp to print solvent white. but lately i've been putting my old water based formula in the mimaki. doesn't give me the 720 resolution but is completely opaque. and it takes up less space.

the nice thing about metal, you adjust the fluid tension and print mode just so, then you torch the crap out of the sheet with a propane torch (like the one that you would use to torch down roofing).

Raulrdz

Global Print Supply carries head and parts for the Encad Printers, they also have a users forum. I have a few parts such as prime pump and some reservoirs and a couple of memory chips. I outsource all my solvent stuff and have a Canon IPF8000s now.

Don

Hi
Thanks for the part supply info, but.. my problem is'nt parts it's software. I can't get a good print, but the test print on the printer prints out great, no banding alittle out of alignment. When I go to print from the computer it's a very light print with all banding lines in every color.

artbot

first try slowing down your head carriage speed, and or additionally unidirectional. you might be going too fast for the ink to get through the system. after that increase the heat on the cartridges. this will lower the viscosity of the ink. if worse comes to worse tear off the cartridge bay on the left and put in a home made cart rising thingy. you can see one on the left of my machine on the ramp. this will allow you to "over" raise your carts to the point that they are really laying down ink.

Yikkon

I currently have 3 Novajet Encad 750 printers, it is a cheap start up printer, so i would compare it to a cheap drill, sure you save some money upfront, but if you intend on doing printing as a business then it's lack of performance headaches and maintenance will drive you insane before the days end. I think i should have learnt my lesson after the first one, but miraculously our first one only started playing up after we'd bought 2 more, the other 2 have already broken down after 10 prints. My next printer will be a decent one, probably ROLAND or MUTOH.

Victor

Rip

I have an older 700 encad
I used Photo Print RIP for this on my Mac
I'm sure I have the software as well as parts if needed.

You are welcome to contact me if you need more info.

Victor 801.972.2834

JeridHill

If you can get a copy of PosterShop (at least 5.0), you can run these printers. It's a very simple RIP and with the earlier versions, you might be able to pick up a copy at a decent price. It's made by Onyx.

tbaker

man, I have a version of onyx 5 that will run this, I know because, I ran a 600 with it, way back when, my problem is I don't have the hardware key any longer. I'll look around, but it could be anywhere, considering it's been at least 10 years since I had it installed...