• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Font ID Software: FindmyFont - My Review

FindMyFont

@jhilldesigns
I know exactly what you mean. That's why we already have a command in the program that will help in most of the cases. It's the Letter Selection Tolerance option in the program's parameters. It is also accessible via the Select Letters button.
The following is an excerpt from the online help:

When you click to select a letter the program tries to find the boundary of the letter starting from the color you clicked on. It follows the shape until a big change in color is found (tolerance).
Sometimes letters blend with the background and it makes selection difficult. In this case you may change the tolerance and specify how close to match colors.
Click the SelectLetter.png button and hold the mouse button pressed for a second. A small slider will pop-up. This will allow you to adjust the tolerance. A low value (slider to the left) selects the few colors very similar to the color you clicked. A higher value(slider to the right) selects a broader range of colors.

tolerance-before.png --> tolerance-after.png

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for your support.

Harris