• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New from Delaware.

Crate

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been all over the forum and like the whole thing. I bought signlab and a graphtec cutter back in 01-02 can't remember the exact date. I lettered all my own trucks. My son liked the sign biz and has been working in it for some time. We decided to open our own shop. Years have went by but I kept my siglab updated (almost) only have V7. But with that and my 30" Graphtec we thought we could make a go at it. All was looking good. Went and rented our new building today, started getting ready to move in. We though a new sign out front of our shop would be the thing to do. Got the cutter out, hooked to lap top, and guess what.................It won't cut. I have tried everything. Bought new Singlab support, called Graphtec all to no avail. When I turn the cutter on it will ask for roll one or two, that works fine. I choose roll one, the cutter does it's thing. This is where it gets bumpy, instead of the cutter saying "ready" it has an unfamilure menu appear, XY Gain, Penn Force, Penn up and Parallel. That has never appeared before, and needless to say it will not cut. I did get a bit frustrated and changed just about all could and got it to cut two times out of 40. So for us, we are paying rent for a building that we can produce a product. Kinda bummed at this point any help, a loaner cutter, a inexpensive cutter would be greatly appreciated.

Crate

jscarl

Ouch, that would hurt. Did you lock the cutter head before moving it? Pick it up from the ends only with two people so as not to bend any thing? Good luck. and Welcome from mid Michigan. Check the power outlet for correct voltage? Try running test cuts.

Crate

Hi Jim & Sue,

Yes cutter is not damaged at all. Tech says I need a control board. But he really didn't go over much to make that determination. The cutter will test out, My prob seems to be communication from computer to cutter. The lap top is sending data but the cutter is not in working as it should to accept and process. I have worked on it for hours.

G

gps-hi

sounds like its going into a set up menu... could a button be stuck?

signage

What model Graphtec? Are you sure you have the correct driver installed in signlab? Do you have it set to the correct language? HPGL or GPGL?

Ken

Re-boot everything.
Are you sending the data serial or usb?...try one or the other...
Ken

G

gps-hi

and btw, welcome.

Is Delaware still the credit card capital of the US?

Crate

gps-hi: Not button. I took apart and looked

Signage: FC 4100-75, Drivers installed.

Ken: I will reboot again. RS 232 C Serial.

Crate

Well on the bright side, I have a new store front.

I think best when I sleep. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Thats it for me for today, thanks guys.

Crate

Thanks to all for the help.

Bought a new graphtec FC 7000, Updated Signlab to V8 and a bought a new USB Dongle.

Good to go! :thumb: Back in biz.

Crate