• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New from New Jersey

designali

Hello All, I've been browsing this site for a while & decided to join. Some of the work on here is amazing, I want to be like 3rd Dimension Sign when I grow up! But today I am a Graphic Designer 20+ I have always wanted to venture into signs, banners... basically run my own business. I have been considering buying a Vinyl Cutter to start. There's so many decisions and different directions to go into so I'll shut up and keep reading for now!

But if you want to send me advise I'll read that!

jimdeashby

Hello All, I've been browsing this site for a while & decided to join. Some of the work on here is amazing, I want to be like 3rd Dimension Sign when I grow up! But today I am a Graphic Designer 20+ I have always wanted to venture into signs, banners... basically run my own business. I have been considering buying a Vinyl Cutter to start. There's so many decisions and different directions to go into so I'll shut up and keep reading for now!

But if you want to send me advise I'll read that!
I have been doing this a while. Expensive equipment. Why but it when you can do the design work and broker out the rest? Look at all of the for trade wholesale opportunities, including installations.

tbaker

why are the people in New York City so depressed?

Because the light at the end of their tunnel, is New Jersey.

Welcome from VA.

Avanti

Heya there from Australia...........hmm I have no idea what Jersey's like but I'm sure it rocks.
I would agree with jimdeashby, equitment is expensive, I contracted my print work out to start with, until my cleint base was big enough to go to the expense and extra hassle of having my own :).
I've used Mimaki and Roland vinyl cutters and they both are great.