• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New from the Bay Area . . .

Lynn K

New sign bus, too . . .
We will be asking may questions, so get ready!
First one is, how do I post a job listing?

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Welcome to SIGNS101

I saw your site splash page...

You really have to take that down and start thinking of a more professional looking site... you can still have a "cute" site, but there are so many problems with the design I don't know where to start.

I get the feeling you bought a sign franchise, the type with no commission.
The one particular franchise offers help in logo and website design.
They also help with hiring your first employee. if you went that route, I believe you should have taken advantage of that service.

I have worked for a sign shop in this position and it sucks working for someone who knows a lot less i did. Please, hire someone who knows more than just running the machines.

We can be a rough crowd, but there is a lot of information.
i wish you all the best in this business and best of luck finding someone.

Lynn K

to donut

Hi, Yes, we will be having a full blown site, I'm a graphic designer and a web designer. Problem is, no location yet, no business license, no phone number, no etc, , , , anxious. My husband is a business admin, so we are ready to go, just need a place and a sign maker! And yes, we are a Sign World company. Business model, not a franchise - so no rules, no royalties.

HulkSmash

Hi, Yes, we will be having a full blown site, I'm a graphic designer and a web designer. Problem is, no location yet, no business license, no phone number, no etc, , , , anxious. My husband is a business admin, so we are ready to go, just need a place and a sign maker! And yes, we are a Sign World company. Business model, not a franchise - so no rules, no royalties.

You're a designer and web designer, and you made this?

http://signaturedsign.com/

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I do love a good donut...
Urban Dictionary
1.donut

An individual whom is extremely
stupid. Lacks intelligence and
common sense.

GypsyGraphics

ummm.... really????? donut?
at least his comments were based on knowing something about you... not to mention that you were offered legitimate advice.
you might want to do a little checking before calling a valued member of this site a donut!
(seriously.... you really haven't a clue)

i think i'll pass on my usual
warm welcome from sunny so cal

anyway... good luck with that. :thumb:

Ricardo

Welcome to a newbie

Fred Weiss,

Is this proper way of welcoming a new person, in Signs 101?........Why ?.........That's a hell of a welcome for someone who has chosen to come here to share and, also, for orientation and knowledge, for the first time........Wow !!..........I would be surprised if that person comes back, again, for more verbal punishment of this kind.

It seems that we are forgetting our first steps into this magnificent trade of ours. It seems that there are a lot of these "self-proclaimed" critics that have forgotten the kind of work they did, when they first started learning the trade.

Ricardo

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK

:Welcome: to :signs101: Looks to me like you picked up on the "doughnut" in Fred's signature. Bad mistake...:ROFLMAO:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
:Welcome: to :signs101: Looks to me like you picked up on the "doughnut" in Fred's signature. Bad mistake...:ROFLMAO:

That's how I took it as well. I guess the OP got confused and blended my signature into Rick's post resulting in the OP expressing injured feelings. But I certainly want to thank Ricardo for letting me know that this was my fault. :rolleyes:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred Weiss,

Is this proper way of welcoming a new person, in Signs 101?........Why ?.........That's a hell of a welcome for someone who has chosen to come here to share and, also, for orientation and knowledge, for the first time........Wow !!..........I would be surprised if that person comes back, again, for more verbal punishment of this kind.

It seems that we are forgetting our first steps into this magnificent trade of ours. It seems that there are a lot of these "self-proclaimed" critics that have forgotten the kind of work they did, when they first started learning the trade.

Ricardo

Not sure why you're laying this on me Ricardo. Do you think somehow that if I started censoring posts that Signs 101 would be a better place?

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I still want a donut...

yum.JPG

Does this help the craving?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd like a donut, too.

See, I always said it was nicer to "Welcome from.............", than to start out grumpy and mean towards someone new. :ROFLMAO:

donut man.jpg