• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New from the Bay Area . . .

GypsyGraphics

i'd be the first to apologize, if i thought i miss read her "to donut" but i don't think i did. she wrote "to donut" and replied to rick's post.

there are so many members here that i have such respect for and rick was high on that list. but it wasn't until we started working together that i really found out what his expertise were. which is why i said "seriously, you have no clue!" i didn't either and he's too modest to set anyone straight, even someone who calls him a donut.
truthfully, i think i was more bothered by it than rick was. i still am, becuase she still has no clue.
nothing like a quick "oops, sorry" to clear the way for a warm welcome.
it's never to late by the way ;)

i remember the first time rick set me straight here on s101 and i thought i'd gotten a slap down and was embarrassed about my lack of knowledge aaaand about being set straight publicly. it turned out that he saved my hiney BIG TIME! i think you're pretty safe to assume that no matter how he says it, rick's intentions are always meant to educate and help.

from the good ol days
http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...el-Letter-HELP%85-getting-widely-varying-bids

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Fred Weiss,

Is this proper way of welcoming a new person, in Signs 101?........Why ?.........That's a hell of a welcome for someone who has chosen to come here to share and, also, for orientation and knowledge, for the first time........Wow !!..........I would be surprised if that person comes back, again, for more verbal punishment of this kind.

It seems that we are forgetting our first steps into this magnificent trade of ours. It seems that there are a lot of these "self-proclaimed" critics that have forgotten the kind of work they did, when they first started learning the trade.

Ricardo

I haven't forgotten anything.. assume much do ya?

I know you have been at this for a while Ricardo, so have I, though probably not nearly as long but that does not make you Mr Manners either. I meant every word with the spirit of helping, I have quite a bit of time invested in this site.

They have the orientation and the knowledge from the company they are franchising from and they can get more from SIGNS101. They have access to help with the start up portion of their business. They better at the price the franchise company charges.

Back in the day, I didn't have the luxury of investing 185k into a business I knew nothing about... then hire someone else to run it. That is the business model. The OP should be aware that there can be some pitfalls. If they invested that much, what's wrong with a heads up. NOTHING!

The other thing I always mention about this business model is... California requires a contractors license for even the simplest panel changes (over 500 bucks) You technically can not sub out the install. I've seen franchisees learn this the hard way.

I really do wish them luck, with that type of investment, it has to be a little scary...

Please note, I did not ask them to reveal the franchise company...
I would have never posted the website... last thing I would do is have that show up in a google search showing something negative about their company.

I hope they come back, but statistically, Out of 32,447, about 21,870 do not post, or only posted once. And it's not because of my one comment here...

Rick

Or-r-r-r-r............... no one should listen to you at all, because you're frickin' nutz !! :snarky

:wink:

Do people listen to me? I'm here for the corn dogs....

and donuts!!!

Speaking of donuts, where is Gigi? We had a donut incident recently...

John Butto

We could solve a lot of immigration problems if we just let some of you people do the welcoming.
And BTW "doughnuts, donuts" are what you leave on the street with your motorcycle.

Rick

you are the go to guy for sign advice... and truly the KING of california code... but never again will i take donut advice from YOU!

I would like to order 8 please...

HEY!!! Dunkin' used to be good... it's a sad state of affairs when a Hemet donut is better than a Dunkin'

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Immigrants or newbie welcoming...... I think we should just run every newbie's opening 10 threads coming into s101, into the ground and see if they have what it takes to stick around.

Heck, like Ricardo said, this OP won't be back........ and hasn't...................................... and who do we have to thank for it ?? The original...... DONUT MAN !! :rolleyes: One of my elders.

And here I thought, other than Old Paint, no one here was older than fire or dirt.................. I stand corrected. :thankyou:

:Oops: and let's not forget Si :Sleeping:

SignManiac

"What we have here is a failure to communicate" One of the basic requirements of any forum is "to read everything carefully and not jump to conclusions" I see this happening all too often. Tsk tsk! Somebody needs an azzwhopp'n

Gino

Premium Subscriber
"What we have here is a failure to communicate" One of the basic requirements of any forum is "to read everything carefully and not jump to conclusions" I see this happening all too often. Tsk tsk! Somebody needs an azzwhopp'n

Okay Luke................. Is azzwhopp'n a new donut variety form DUNKIN' Donuts ?? Communications help in situations like this.............. :Big Laugh

phototec

Hi, Yes, we will be having a full blown site, I'm a graphic designer and a web designer. Problem is, no location yet, no business license, no phone number, no etc, , , , anxious. My husband is a business admin, so we are ready to go, just need a place and a sign maker! And yes, we are a Sign World company. Business model, not a franchise - so no rules, no royalties.

You're a designer and web designer, and you made this?

http://signaturedsign.com/

WOW, what a website!!!!

Are you serious about being a designer and web designer, that site is NOT very good IMHO.....

Where did you get all the images? Copied from the web?

:omg:

Rick

Where did you get all the images? Copied from the web?

:omg:

Looks like they don't have a full grasp of copyright or
the common sense to ask permission for every image...

Look at the teeny tiny disclaimer at the bottom of the
pages... use the images to give their client ideas eh?
As if that lets them off the look.

If I were them, i would be more upset that there was
not more guidance by the franchiser to guide them along
in the process of building up their business or that they
would supply a library of images for them to use...

The other thing is - without the experience, how can they
get a contractors license to contract some of those signs out?
They can not "contract" out these signs without a license
and if they tried to, they should at least learn the consequences
of it.

I see ADA signs, electrical ugh... can't imagine what their
interpretation of Title 24, Title 19 and the building code is
let alone the work - even if it's subbed out - that they know
enough to make sure it's correct.